NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

I like that orchestral hit at the end, otherwise it's just thrash with the bodomish keyboard string shadowing the chords.

Kick in the spleen, based on the preview, seems to be an unremarkable, trashy type COB song.

I'm much more suprised, that IWC is so up and the classics are actually on the mid or bottom. Anyway, I can understand HCDR, I know that album was the big breakthrough.

Reactions: COB-666
I'm much more suprised, that IWC is so up and the classics are actually on the mid or bottom. Anyway, I can understand HCDR, I know that album was the big breakthrough.
I thought the exact opposite :D The ranking of IWC is biased because no one would admit their latest album sucks (Same goes for Hexed), but apart from those two albums, the list is pretty close to what most of us here seem to think. If we ignore those two his list looks like this:

HCDR
HB
FTR
AYDY
BD
HOB
SW
RRF

That isn't too far from what seems to be the general consensus on their music: the old stuff is better. The only new albums he ranked above the true classics were IWC and Hexed, and like I said above, I doubt anyone would admit their latest album sucks, and it would be a complete PR suicide to say one's upcoming album sucks.

If it were my list, I'd raise FTR to be #1, and HOB to be #4, otherwise I agree with Alexi:

FTR
HCDR
HB
HOB
AYDY
BD
SW
RRF
IWC

Reactions: COB-666
Well since I can't pick a proper Top 3 because HCDR, HB and FTR are pure eargasms to me I agree with Alexi about HOB... I still enjoy some songs of it but overall I forgot about most songs, I would pic IWC any day over HOB

I would actually hold RRF a lot highed. I really liked this album. It's really hard for me to rank Bodom's albums because after relistening to them all, I feel like they all have their strength. My ranking would be as followed.

1st - Hate Crew Deathroll.
2nd - Something Wild.
3rd - Follow The Reaper.
4th - Hatebreeder
5th - Relentless Reckless Forever.
6th - Are You Dead Yet?
7th - Halo Of Blood.
8th - Blooddrunk.
9th - I Worship Chaos.

Reactions: Woltimon
I would actually hold RRF a lot highed. I really liked this album. It's really hard for me to rank Bodom's albums because after relistening to them all, I feel like they all have their strength. My ranking would be as followed.

1st - Hate Crew Deathroll.
2nd - Something Wild.
3rd - Follow The Reaper.
4th - Hatebreeder
5th - Relentless Reckless Forever.
6th - Are You Dead Yet?
7th - Halo Of Blood.
8th - Blooddrunk.
9th - I Worship Chaos.

Not sure why people rank IWC so low.. I enjoy it for the most part, only song which I barely listen to is either Horns or Prayer for the Afflicted

1. Hatebreeder
2. Follow the Reaper
3. Hate Crew Deathroll
4. Something Wild
/4,5. Skeletons in the Closet/
5. Are You Dead Yet?
6. (7) Halo of Blood
7. (6) Blooddrunk
8. I Worship Chaos
9. Relentless Reckless Forever

Maybe...

Not sure why people rank IWC so low.. I enjoy it for the most part, only song which I barely listen to is either Horns or Prayer for the Afflicted

I really loved I Worship Chaos, it's just the one I loved the least. I must admit that I never EVER listen to Prayer of the Afflicted. It's literally the one and only song of bodom that I dislike. But apart from that, IWC is a really good album.

Unbelievable. Alexi finally confesses RRF suffered from being a bunch of riffs sewn together without feeling unite as songs. Then, equally unbelievable is how he rates IWC so high. That album suffers from too slow speed, too few solos, too long durations / too much repetition / too little musical content, and that arid thrash sound. I think also his insistence of placing HCDR first is gilded by the fact that sound happened to appeal to American thrash audiences who just wanted loud noise. Don't get me wrong, it's musically a really impressive album, but it's a shame (in my opinion) how the mythical dark soundworld was no more and instead there was this thrashy angst. It's clear FTR is the best and HB the second best... Blooddrunk is also underrated, while AYDY would be way higher if they'd saved the EP songs for the album and had Alexi avoided that injury and had the studio sounds been better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESA1996 and COB-666
I read the article and it sounds like Alexi isn't ranking them purely on the music, because he's also factoring in the work put in, success, and circumstances around each album. I think he's rating IWC so highly because of the amount of work he had to put in given Roope was out right before recording. Anyway, if we're doing lists here's mine..

1) FTR
2) HB
3) HCDR
4) AYDY
5) Blooddrunk
6) HOB
7) RRF
8) SW
9) IWC

Everyone loves to hate on RRF but I've maintained since the song came out that Not My Funeral is one of their best songs ever.