NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Ok I like the parts 0:41-> and 1:07 in Spleen. The first is a synth supported chord progression and the other is like the section in SKO.

I think good coming songs will be Hexed... Relapse... Soon Departed... Knuckleduster... I'm kinda expecting Knuckleduster to be the best. Apparently it's infused with tons of symphony adding to the duration, maybe they use the riffs as background for long solos.

Nothing's exactly blowing off my socks just yet, but it does seem to be an even better album than Halo of Blood. But the title track on that album is a stand-out, not sure if any song will match that. What I can tell already is it will not shatter the number 1 and 2 spots of FTR and HB, but it's better than their worst albums and let's see whether it's got some real gems. I like the sound they've created for this album, but it all comes down to creativity and I ain't here for fast food. The first two singles didn't do much to me, but the other songs seem more promising.

What should happen is Alexi should forget himself, forget theory, forget guitar, when writing music, instead let deep feelings guide him thru the composing process. But enough of my bullshit, I'm releasing my album (in midi) in like two weeks so this time it's more than talk, I'm challenging Bodom's new album head-on and showing what I mean with my ramblings. And I've a pretty good hunch mine's gonna do well against theirs, when it comes to creativity, (playing skill not so much).

Last edited:
I think Relapse will be the best song on the album. ( like IWC -> Suicide Bomber )

( "This track reminisces on the haunting sound that the band developed on praised album Follow The Reaper, giving off a great feeling of nostalgia and sure to be an old-school fan favorite." )

Reactions: Woltimon
Platitudes will be crap, Never Look Crap will be bad, and it will be fun to realize all the lyrical mishits in the live recorded songs from IWC. But I want to believe Bodom will send me to the moon with at least a few songs. And I believe they will.

Talking about IWC being good or not:

I like the melodies in Prayer for the Afflicted, but the song is just too slow, and I get bored halfway through the song.
All for Nothing is a good song. The verses are decent and the chorus is amazing.
Horns has a nice verse.

Other than that I can't remember liking anything from IWC which is a shame.

How I rate the albums: RRF sucks, IWC sucks badly, HOB is salvageable, rest are good. And Blooddrunk is actually better than AYDY.

Fuck, that glass houses sample sounds sick!
Class above everything else, IMO. This road is enjoyable, though.

Platitudes sound like another promising song. Finally a nice lead melody shown in these previews. Hopefully there's a lot more lead melodies carrying the song, because the end of the preview is a little worrying. If that's the chorus it might be suffer the same problem as "Your days are numbered" where it's a cool song but the chorus is an out of place rock progression.

Reactions: Woltimon
Alexi said something about a video.. so is there a music video to this song ? Why can't they unleash this killer song already to us, can't get enough of that melody already

Alexi made the same comment about Platitudes and Barren Words as he did about Bodom Blue Moon. That's quite promising.
And the song sounds amazing. I had high expectations from such a song title, and I'm not disappointed from hearing that extract.

Alexi said something about a video.. so is there a music video to this song ? Why can't they unleash this killer song already to us, can't get enough of that melody already
Woltimon, are you Dennis Wolter? This guy posted a comment under the Facebook video just like yours here on the forum XD

Maybe I just got inspired by his words :eek: I think you should try and find it out
His words were insanely inspiring, I am in awe (lul).

About the video, can't wait to hear the song fully. But don't you guys think they will release it after the release of the album ? Most of the time you get:
1st - Music video
2nd - Lyrics video
3rd - Radio stream
Then the release of the album
4th - Second music video.

It could be because I'm listening to it on my laptop right now but the sound compression sounds really bad for me. Hard to appreciate what is going on.