NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Anyone can translate this and tell me if it means what I think??? :D

Children Of Bodom julkaisee kauan odotetun Hexed albuminsa 8. maaliskuuta. Radio Rock on tietty mukana. Hexed albumin myynti alkaa jo 7.3 klo 18.00 Radio Rockilla elikkäs Sanomatalolla Helsingissä. Bandi on paikalla, ole sinäkin!

So far "Glass Houses" is the only song that sounds like it could belong on the first records. But that really depends on if it gets melodic in the way Joonas just described, "melodies dark and inviting at the same time". That in a nutshell was what COB so uniquely incredible. I don't think it'll ever happen again, the stars aligned for those years, but who knows...

This album is shaping up to be its own thing, though. It's a whole new fresh COB world, for better or for worse. So far I'm surprised that I'm liking it this much after the previous album releases.

This is a similar style and sound shift in energy as In Flames did with their new album Battles (which sucks way more than Hexed will, that's the difference). It's just strange these trends going on. It seems to be subconsciously meant to appeal to the smartphone snowflake generation. But it's all down to how it's made. I think this is a great sound for Bodom for this type of music, but I'm missing the Hatebreederish malevolence and dark mysticism seeping with grudge, that with the whole lake / 'the other side' mythology and neo-classical genious songs like Silent Night, that was the shit, and if Bodom want to deviate from that they should seek for other mysterious dark styles like Punch Me I Bleed and Halo of Blood and so on. They have so much potential it's sad if they forget what they really invented.

Of course they were also great at inventing enchanting melodies, somehow they had a system to make melodies dark and inviting at the same time. Then came the search for more masculine vibes (which is great as long as it doesn't sacrifice melodic creativity), which progressed to rock influences (which works nice for them as long as it's still dark like Banned from Heaven, instead of cheerful like Hold My Tongue). If they insist on keeping the rock elements then they should avoid creating catchiness with uplifting riffs, and instead keep it dark but create hooks with interesting rhythms and chord progressions. Of course Follow the Reaper is actually pretty cheerful and rockish album, but it's still pure metal. I'm liking many pieces I've heard from Hexed, but to have that melody in Platitudes and choose it as video means there's something fundamentally different.

I'll have my album up soon in midi (already very enjoyable quality), and there's at least 4 songs that are up there with the very best and all the songs have the feelings and vibes of Hatebreeder while being musically more in the vein of Hypocrisy and Burzum. It would be a beautiful story if I can make it to the point in a few years where I could open up for Bodom on a Finnish tour. It would be cool first if someone from Bodom could listen thru the songs and I'd be honoured if they could tell me what they like and hate about it. Finally an opportunity for them to lynch me in their game if they want to, as I've never had personal substance to back up my opinions.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.

If not then you need serious help... can't wait to hear this 4 midi album :tickled:

He didn't release them yet. He plans to do it on the same they as Bodom do, so we will be able to compare them.

I wasn't really hyped at all for the album but so far with the track-by-tracks there seems to be a bunch of good songs, and I really dig the return of the neoclassical elements on the snippets. It's probably not going to be album of the year for me personally but it should be pretty good and it'll be miles better than IWC either way.

The production is also MILES better, I really like the production, very audible bass which is always nice.

Wow, That album is shaping up to be quite interesting!

Glass House, Kick in a Spleen and Hexed sound very good so far... But I don't really get the platitudes one :D Sounds terrible in my ears, might be due to the weird keyboard sounds tho.

Anyways, I am positively surprised :)

What the hell has happened to Alexi? :D IWC was awful in my honest opinion, but this really does sound like a really promising album. Hexed has one of their best thrash riffs ever at the start and then goes all out Bach on us? :D One of the best so far, hard to say which one is the best though.

Anyone can translate this and tell me if it means what I think??? :D

Children Of Bodom julkaisee kauan odotetun Hexed albuminsa 8. maaliskuuta. Radio Rock on tietty mukana. Hexed albumin myynti alkaa jo 7.3 klo 18.00 Radio Rockilla elikkäs Sanomatalolla Helsingissä. Bandi on paikalla, ole sinäkin!
COB is releasing their long awaited Hexed album on the 8th of March. Radio Rock is of course involved. Hexed's sales start already on the 7th of March at 18:00 on Radio Rock at Sanomatalo Helsinki. The band will be there, we hope you'll be too.

Not an exact translation but gets the message pretty well.

I might actually go there. We shall see.