NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Man I was pleasantly surprised when they released this road and it was a solid modern COB song. I'm shocked with all of these trailers sounding like they might be great COB songs. It's been since 2005. Still, not gonna hold a candle to the big three albums I think. Imagine if we never heard towards dead end or silent night and they put it in one of these trailers.

The part after Alexi talked in the Hexed Track by Track could belong on SW or HB, feels like a Best of Album with elements from many albums. Super hyped but Platitudes sounds to me the best so far

The Something Wild anniversary tour they did had to have at least some impact on the songwriting as evident by the snippet for the title track “Hexed”. I’m not crazy over the neoclassical stuff but it’s cool that they are bringing it back for a track or two.

Reactions: Woltimon
" The Something Wild anniversary tour they did had to have at least some impact on the songwriting as evident by the snippet for the title track “Hexed”. "
Exactly.

" but it’s cool that they are bringing it back for a track or two "
Or 3(+):
- Glass Houses
- Hexed
- And maybe Relapse (The Nature of My Crime)

----------

Beer review:

The Something Wild anniversary tour they did had to have at least some impact on the songwriting as evident by the snippet for the title track “Hexed”. I’m not crazy over the neoclassical stuff but it’s cool that they are bringing it back for a track or two.

Glad i'm not the only one that though the same. I was happy when they brough back SW songs in this Tour and i was expecting to have big influences in upcoming record. and here it is!

Shit that neoclassical melody is stuck in my head like a crazy. Have anyone noticed that's very similar to Children Of Bodom - Children OF bodom solo? check 3:57

I like the techno keyboard section, maybe best part of the album. Otherwise it's just like Kalmah in a meh way. I guess this is another All Twisted, with an epic as fuck keyboard chorus, but otherwise rubbish, which inevitably leads to the song not being played live.

Last edited:
To me it doesn't sound like old school bodom at all. I don't know what to make of it. Alexi is right, the rhythm is reminiscent of older ozzy. The chorus is almost old school bodom but it cound sounds more like modern Scandinavian bands. Didn't tickle my ear drums like the other samples on the first few plays, but it's definitely cool.

To me it doesn't sound like old school bodom at all

Thing is... people hear a good section, they scream 'old bodom'... while the band thinks neo-classical is 'old bodom.'

My brother just heard this section 1:00 - 1:10 from Relapse, and he said it's nice but nothing like Bodom was 10-20 years ago. And he doesn't even listen to metal.

It sounds like something from Blooddrunk. A good thing in my book because that's the last COB album I truly love.

I really don't see what you guys are talking about... The whole thing really sounds to me like it would belong on FTW. It's just better produced and sounds less 'raw', but it's really, imo, old-school Bodom.