NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Ok. Another fantastic song in sight... I am absolutely stunned... I really cannot tell which song I am most excited about. I think Under Grass And Clover is the weakest one so far, and yet it is so good...
I said it more than once already, but this shapes up to be one of my absolute favorite album.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Long time since I last posted... But yeah I think This Road was pretty lame. Just sounded like a filler song for Halo Of Blood. Nothing new and the keyboard solo was a bit like okay... BUT the teaser videos they have released, I absolutely think the other songs are going to be great! Hecate and Kick in the Spleen sound like something so cool I can't honestly wait!! The keyboards have a much bigger role on this album than the last one and I love that a lot!
And the band seems so much more excited about this album too! Social media activity has increased and they have all kinds of stuff going on right now. Like in Finland there's a campaign where if you pre order you can win a ticket to a show in new york and then with Radio Rock there's a competition coming up where you can win a chance to listen to the album first with the band before the release! (Seems like they have read the forum I remember Joonas had the idea of a pre-listening for The True Fans lol)

And tbh that Alexi's album ranking in the latest Kerrang! He so honestly said that RRF and HOB were shit :D That is something... I don't think they are bad albums the songs are great but they don't work together that well. But to be able to say that about one's own work and then all this activity around the new album I feel like he is very proud of Hexed and can't wait to show what it's like. Like he knows what he had a problem with on those albums so it's probably not gonna be repeated here. At least now that I have seen the song teasers they sound much more melodic and rich than the last three albums.

Reactions: grenade007
I thought Platitudes would be my favorite song on the record, but the more I listen to the Track by Track videos, the more I believe Glass Houses, Relapse and Say Never Look Back will be.

Actually, forget what I just said. Thinking again about it, I cannot see one song I am not dying to hear. I keep talking about this album to everyone around telling them it might even be my all-time favorite CoB album (I know, that's insane but that's how I feel from the trailers) and I can't recall being that enthusiastic about any album ever.

Same I haven't been this excited for a new album in ages! This will probably be in my top 5 COB albums honestly!

+1 Review:
https://www.unitedrocknations.com/chronique-hexed-children-of-bodom-2654

Google translate:
" As a result, and after several listenings the report is confirmed: '' Hexed '' is to be classified in the good albums of the group, certainly not up to the height of the legendary trio, but still a clear notch above the last productions . One explanation may be that the cycle of the biannual delivery has been broken, which has probably left more time for the group to mature its compositions. It's a safe bet that '' Hexed '' will leave more titles in the band's future setlists than its predecessors have done since the beginning of the 2010s. That's all we want in any case. "

5/4,5

In the latest Inferno Hexed was rated 3,5/5. The rest of the article I will translate soon. Just read it and it's pretty good. Will post it in the interviews thread along with the newest Soundi when I'm not so busy

Reactions: COB-666
Wonder if Alexi will make a normal looking guitar this time around. Just black and purple, clean. The IWC guitar was as a travesty and the green one was ruined by the graphic (imo).

There's no more Alexi signatures on the official site, moreover the Vs completely disappeared... only Arrows -> Daniel Freyberg as artist. It seems to me ESP's loosing market nowadays.

Wonder if Alexi will make a normal looking guitar this time around. Just black and purple, clean. The IWC guitar was as a travesty and the green one was ruined by the graphic (imo).
The IWC guitar idea would work with the Hexed cover art? Or just the background pattern without the reaper and then black stripes?

The pink sawtooth was a cool guitar, then the green one was a good idea, but even that one was ruined with silver inlays and the pirate symbol. Again, just a matter of not having tasteful creativity.

Maybe Joonas will provide us some teasers on his album :)

The first thing you get is the opening track, it rips out guts and it sounds eerie and mysterious. As soon as I get the shit converted to audio somehow.

Yeah the IWC guitar was terrible, it even had red lines, just the artwork slammed on an ESP V-guitar. They should make a signature guitar for Alexi with gray-lacquered wood (to look withered), rosewood fingerboard and polished bronze frets, inlays could be tiny light blue pentagrams... something like that...

Last edited: