NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Hey guys, made this account when I found out about CoB back in the day... makes me feel old! I must say I'm impressed with the samples so far, Hexed may actually surpass HoB as their best post-2003 album.
Exactly my thoughts. I didn't expect much after IWC, but it's really turning out to be an epic album.

Knucleduster sounds good as expected. The guitars sound more clear, and it's missing the verse keyboards, but otherwise it sounds quite similar to the old one.

They should've kept the iconic lyric line at 1:06 and the keyboard at 1:12 backing the riff. But the new version sounds really badass, it's exciting cos I've always felt they'll remake it and been wondering how it'll sound. Also the sharper drums delude our ears a bit to think the guitars are muddier, but yeah the guitar tone is less expressive, which is both a good and bad thing. The new vocals are dragging a bit, which kinda serves the slowish nature of the verses, and the lyrics are surprising in their flow.

Last edited:
Exactly my thoughts. I didn't expect much after IWC, but it's really turning out to be an epic album.

I think IWC doesn't matter in this case. The 20'th anniversary tour was the point.

Holiday at Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth) - Released 2012
Halo of Blood - Released 2013

20 Years Down And Dirty Tour - 2017
Hexed - Released 2019

Last edited:
Who said that Platitudes is going to be released on March 1st ? Would like to know if the source is trust worthy ^^

Edit: March 1st is safe for Platitudes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190226-201907_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20190226-201907_Dropbox.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Review:

" My relationship with Children of Bodom up to this point can be summarised like so –

• Hatebreeder (1999) – Wow, yeah! Such a damn good album. I really like this band.
  • Hate Crew Death Roll(2003) – The band just continue to get better!
  • Are You Dead Yet? (2005) – Oh no. What happened here? It’s okay I suppose, but not really my thing.
  • Halo of Blood (2013) – Not too bad, but not too good either.
And now we have Hexed. Yes, there are other albums too, in addition to the ones mentioned above, but you get the general idea.

Hexed contains 45 minutes of rocking melodeath, which consists of ten new tracks and, curiously, a reworking of an older song, (Knuckleduster). My verdict? It seems Children of Bodom have returned to the quality levels of the late 90s/early 00s. Yes, you read that right.

Prominent, expressive keyboards work wonders with the material. Songs that are catchy and memorable tear out from the music like bladed predators scything through the airwaves. Old school rock and metal elements are captured in the band’s electrifying songs, especially in the melodies used. Aggressive, energetic, and melodic, Hexed is full of good tunes and confident attitude.

I’m impressed. I’m very pleased to say that the band sound revitalised, despite how much of a cliché that probably comes across as. The album art suggested something along these lines when I first saw it, but the music firmly backs it up.

Hexed is Children of Bodom’s best album in years. I feel like I’ve rediscovered an old friend. "
https://wonderboxmetal.com/2019/02/25/children-of-bodom-hexed-review/

All track by track:

Not mine to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved what I heard, but the songs I'm most excited about are:
Glass House
Hexed (Close second favorite)
Relapse (The Nature Of My Crime)
Say Never Look Back (My personnal favorite Track-by-track video)
Soon Departed
Knuckleduster !!

I realize now that this list of song is pointless. It's pretty much all the unreleased songs XD

Reactions: Woltimon
" Say Never Look Back (My personnal favorite Track-by-track video) "

I don't know why, but i agree. SNLB's melody is fantastic.

Checked the program on the radio's website. It mentions This Road and Under Grass And Clover, but nothing else. I didn't get to listen to the podcast, so maybe someone should if they've got time for that.

Just found this on YouTube, I think it gives us a rough general idea of what the new Knuckleduster will sound like (tuning wise anyway)

They might use a different tuning but given that they will transpose all notes of the song to match the pitch. The difference is in tone, the strings being looser (or thicker), and using the tone settings of this album.

Checking on GetMetal, and it seems like a few more bands got leaked 2 to 3 days before the official release date. It seems reasonable to expect a Bodom leak for next week, on March 5th or 6th :D

Is it just me or is it kinda obvious when some bars of the main melody of PABW have been copied and pasted? When it resets I feel like it's "off".

Based on the full track by track video, I'm gonna dub this album the "groovy" one. Hatebreeder is the mysterious one, FTR is the epic one, and HCDR is the angry one. A lot of the songs are easy listening, so I expect a number of these songs to be popular with the mainstream.