NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

I think this is the longest gap between albums they've had. Well, I hope they're still motivated. It's understandable to need time for personal life and a breather sometimes, but then again, us normal workslaves don't get that either, once a year if we're lucky, actually we're lucky to have any job in the first place. These guys are rock stars, but I guess they want an actual home already instead of living in a tiny tour bus with other guys on some shitty roads.

Last edited:
Follow The Reaper (2000) - Hate Crew Deathroll (2003 ) -> 3 years
Are You Dead Yet? (2005) - Blooddrunk (2008) -> 3 years
Blooddrunk (2008) - Relentless Reckless Forever (2011) -> 3 years
I Worship Chaos (2015) - XY (2018) -> 3 years
Something Wild (1997) - Hatebreeder (1999) -> 2 years
Hate Crew Deathroll (2003) - Are You Dead Yet? (2005) -> 2 years
Relentless Reckless Forever (2011) - Halo Of Blood (2013) -> 2 years
Halo Of Blood (2013) - I Worship Chaos (2015) -> 2 years
Hatebreeder (1999) - Follow The Reaper (2000) -> 1 year

:)

Brace yourself for a new album with purple artwork with the Reaper and the lake, and a remake of Knuckleduster included in fresh soundworld. How can it be purple then, maybe a thunderstorm that exposes the Reaper's black silhouette. Maybe in this kind of fashion. The black forest and the mirror-like lake with the eerie storm would look awesome on stage, you'd have the Reaper as a black silhouette. It has the vibe of something bad's gonna happen tonight.

images

Last edited:
http://theseeker.ca/interview-children-of-bodom/27784/

News (just about) of the upcoming album, in this new interview with Henkka

'The band has also begun work on a new album, which they plan to complete after their tour.

“Yes, we are already working on it. We have a few songs ready now but it’s impossible to say anything. It’s Bodom. It’s us. Hard to say anything more just yet,” Henkka Seppälä stated.'

Interview with Children of Bodom – Nov 29th concert in Ottawa

Interview-with-Children-of-Bodom.jpg

Ottawa Ontario – History is going to be made when legendary Finnish metal band Children of Bodom play their first ever concert in Canada’s capital.

“It’s our first show in Ottawa and I’m looking forward to finally seeing the Capital city. It’s about time. We love playing Canada. I’m looking forward to partying with you Ottawa,” bassist Henkka Seppälä exclaimed.

Children of Bodom have embarked on a North American tour. Their show November 29th at Ottawa’s Bronson Centre is a part of that tour.

The band has also begun work on a new album, which they plan to complete after their tour.

“Yes, we are already working on it. We have a few songs ready now but it’s impossible to say anything. It’s Bodom. It’s us. Hard to say anything more just yet,” Henkka Seppälä stated.

This will be the first album and the first North American tour with their second guitarist Daniel Freyberg.

“Yes, I’m very happy to have Daniel in the band. He is the perfect fit – very motivated in every way, super nice, very funny and good company. He is a real good guitarist and I love it,” Henkka Seppälä replied.

The tour is called 20 Years Down and Dirty. According to Henkka, 1997 is the true origins of the band with the release of their debut album “Something Wild”. Fans can expect to hear many songs from that album on the current tour.

“Well, it’s the easiest way to think about it. 1997 was the first album and that’s a fact. Everything else is quite unclear on how to define the starting of the band. But 1997 was when the first Children of Bodom album came out so we’ll stick to that,” Henkka Seppälä emphasized.

The name of the band was inspired by the 1960 Lake Bodom Murders that took place in Finland.

“Yes, it’s from that. Well, we just started to think of a name. And someone got the idea to use word ‘Bodom’ as we are all from Espoo after all. So it was kind of a natural choice. It’s a horrible story too, so we thought it fits our music,” Henkka Seppälä added.

In October 2015, Children of Bodom released “I Worship Chaos”. Henkka says his two favourite songs off the last album are “Widdershins” and “Morrigan”.

“My favourite song is probably “Widdershins”, and my favourite live song is “Morrigan”,” Henkka Seppälä said.

A music video for “Morrigan” was posted on Youtube. Henkka explains the imagery used in the video for the song.

“We wanted to try something else instead of a performance video. So we gave Patric Ullaeus pretty much free hands to make it. I think it was an okay video and a refreshing thing in our career. The Irish folklore was inspiring some of the imagery in the video for Morrigan,” Henkka Seppälä explained.

Their last album, “I Worship Chaos”, was recorded in a warehouse, or more specifically in a studio that was inside a warehouse.

“Well, technically it’s a warehouse that has a studio inside of it. So we did record in a studio,” Henkka Seppälä noted with a smile.

This album like their previous albums was released on Nuclear Blast Records.

“We have a long history and it’s always felt natural with Nuclear Blast. We basically started with Nuclear Blast back in 1997 so they are like family. We love it,” Henkka Seppälä reminisced.

According to Henkka Seppälä his first instrument was a guitar at the age of 12 years old. Back then he was listening to music by bands like Guns N’ Roses and Slayer.

“I asked my mom to get me a guitar. After a long negotiation she did. I was maybe 12 years old? That’s exactly when I got into Guns’n’Roses, Poison and later Slayer, Pantera, Sépultura and Megadeth. That’s where it all started for me,” Henkka Seppälä recalled.

It’s come full circle for Henkka Seppälä and Children of Bodom, because they are on Nuclear Blast, the same label as Slayer.

On their North American tour, Children of Bodom will be accompanied by Carach Angren, Lost Society, and Uncured.

“Lost Society will kick some ass every night so we also have to be ready to be on the same level as those guys. That’s a good thing. I’m looking forward to see Carach and Uncured when we hit the stage in Dallas,” Henkka Seppälä concluded.

" Metal Wani's Jackie Mtz. had the opportunity to speak to Henkka Seppälä of Children Of Bodom.

He discusses the ongoing North American tour with Carach Angren & Lost Society, playing at American festival like Ozzfest Meets Knotfest, his opinion on 20th Anniversary of "Something Wild".

He also talks about the how 'Hate Crew Deathroll" lead to massive success worldwide and launched them as a band, current status of the band with lineup change, plans to enter studio in March 2018 with release plan sometime during summer.

He also throws light on using recording studios in Finland, band's evolution over the years, touring different places on every world tour, upcoming festivals in Europe & more. "

Is this just me or does this girl has the most annoying voice possible and is the most bored/boring interviewer you've seen?
Seems like she is discovering the band as she asks the questions and it sounds like she completely doesn't give a fuck about getting those informations. I really hate this time of interview...

Nah she seemed a little bored maybe but not really annoying. Idk I sometimes get bored listening to Henkka and Jaska, they talk so calmly and slowly and I'm one of those people myself who just talks super fast I guess I'm too impatient :D So I listen to some interviews sped up :D

Nah she seemed a little bored maybe but not really annoying. Idk I sometimes get bored listening to Henkka and Jaska, they talk so calmly and slowly and I'm one of those people myself who just talks super fast I guess I'm too impatient :D So I listen to some interviews sped up :D
Reminds me of my dad. Back in the day he had some TV thing that recorded all the movies he'd ever even think about watching and then when he did watch them, he watched them all sped up :D

Well the interviews work slowed down too, especially in finnish. :D (the interview from Emma gaala 2009, i recommend)

Hey guys!

Long time no post.

Not sure if it’s relevant but Alexi and his wife went live (drunk) on instagram a few weeks ago. Asked them when the album is due and he said the same, hitting the studio in March etc etc. I also asked if he is re-recording Knuckleduster (both looked shifty at each other “if I told you I’d have to kill you” which I presume is a yes

Hope everyone is good

If I told you I'd have to kill you, haha, hope it's true. New sounds, new lyrics and vocals, maybe some musical changes, the song would finally get the recognition it deserves. It's gonna sound epic and be one of the highlights live.

Hey guys!

Long time no post.

Not sure if it’s relevant but Alexi and his wife went live (drunk) on instagram a few weeks ago. Asked them when the album is due and he said the same, hitting the studio in March etc etc. I also asked if he is re-recording Knuckleduster (both looked shifty at each other “if I told you I’d have to kill you” which I presume is a yes

Hope everyone is good
Sounds promising. Knuckleduster should've been included on AYDY already IMO, but better late than never.

^Woohoo, dark riff in the making :D We need more of those. The biggest problem is Blooddrunk was the last dark album. Maybe it's the American type riffing and thrash elements that take away darkness. Now, the melodies and riffs can be euphoric / party or sad in nature while being dark in essence, just think of Kissing the Shadows.

I think Bodom always splits the song making into two sets. They make 4 songs, record demos of them so they can start working on the next 4. I think creativity-wise it's also a more sufficient approach.