NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Really epic song. Better than anything on IWC, that's for sure, perhaps even HOB.

The solo is a bit meh, and the chorus is only good, but the rest of the song is amazing. Though my expectations have been on the rise lately, I did not expect the song to be this good.

Last edited:
So far I would rank the singles from best to worst:

1. Platitudes
2. UGAC
3. This Road (The chorus is still annoying to me ^^)

Well guys, it's a good song, but not Bodom or at least not the one we used to know, interestingly neither the "modern" Bodom AYDY-IWC age, it's another new era, imo. My main problem: it's generic, I heard this song before from other artists. I could imagine it on a Naildown album, probably Daniel Freyberg was an influence :D
I've listened to this one's trailer and I was right on my side, the first melody is the one that shines the other parts are just ok.
I recently relistened This Road and the chorus...

Definitely the best single so far. The chorus is different and the verse is cool, nothing too crazy. Keyboard solo.... yikes Janne.... honestly the first time I’ve disliked his work. That melody after the solo though, awesome, that’s the stuff I’m looking forward to on this album.

All in all, pretty good, doesn’t really flow from riff to riff very well though, and again is missing that “something” that gets you hooked.

An overall solid song with some fun riffs, probably the best of all of the released singles but where's the guitar solo? Maybe I missed it.

I thought the song was pretty good, I'm not sure if I like it more than This Road surprisingly but it's better than Under Grass and Clover. The main melody is fantastic, the verses are awesome. I even like the chorus. But that synth solo is lacking. Also funny how the transition after the solo is exactly like the one that precedes the synth solo in My Bodom lol. The riff after the solo is fucking kickass.

EDIT: Speaking of My Bodom why isn't there a Bodom song on this record? It used to be something I looked forward to. We need to ask Alexi next time he does a AMA or something.

Last edited:
Under Grass and Clover is, sadly, still the best song I've heard from this record.

Now I know what Platitudes reminds me of? Ever Frost by Sentenced! But overall a very different song still. I fuckin love Sentenced though so those vibes are not a bad thing at all!
Also I think the vocals sound a lot better than they did on IWC

Last edited:
After a few listening, I love the intro the most and really like the rest of the song. But I think that, overall I prefer This Road. And UGAC still is there weakest song imo.

After many listens I gotta say I'm overall enjoying the song. Not in love with the overall structure of the song, found the keyboard solo to be not that exciting and really thought that around the 2:30 mark after they Janne's solo I was gonna hear some guitar solo. Sounds like it's missing something. Realllly feels like someone should be someone soloing over that bit.

I don't know what to think about the song...

1. It's somewhere really cool and I'm happy Alexi didn't ruin it with a lame pentatonic solo
2. It doesn't sound like Bodom. This is propably the most non-Bodom-sounding song I've ever heard. Could be an old Norther/Firewind/Sonata Arctica/In Flames/Tracedawn/Naildown/Nightwish song
3. I don't like Alexis voice in this song. Reminds me of shipping up to Boston which sucks
4. Overall it's a good song with some cool melodies but it's not Bodom for me

I'm really liking it.

I agree some what the vocals during the chorus are a bit strange but not enough to put me off.

That riff after the keyboard solo man.... The keyboards and drums are fucking deep. You can hear Jaska hitting harder on the snare each section

Yep, it's not like Bodom.

" 2. It doesn't sound like Bodom. This is propably the most non-Bodom-sounding song I've ever heard. Could be an old Norther/Firewind/Sonata Arctica/In Flames/Tracedawn/Naildown/Nightwish song "

or Dark Tranquillity

----------------

I don't know. This song has good and less good parts...

1. UG&C / P&BW
2. This Road

I like UG&C :)

-----------------

Review. 5/5
http://www.musicwaves.fr/frmReview.aspx?ID=17741&REF=CHILDREN-OF-BODOM_Hexed

Last edited:
Pretty cool song because of the melody. I don't like the verse, but the riffs after the solo make up for them. I think this road is a stronger track.

After a few listens the solo still doesn't resonate with me. The melody has the weird copy/paste feeling between the bars. And there's too much of that verse I don't like. Man, I'm kinda in denial cause I really wanted to like this song. The part after the solo is pretty damn cool though, the song should have been modeled after that.

This album is shaping up to have so few lead melodies. I think one song from Hatebreeder or FTR has more than the three released songs already. That's my main gripe about Hexed so far. Alexi has come a long way in his rhythm writing but it's like he forgot to include more than one lead melody in each song.

Reactions: <Arcane> and rj rl
I've kind relate to Norbix's post. I wanted to love this song, but I think I actually just like it.
Love the intro, love the verse, chorus is meh, like the solo, love the part after the solo. But it just doesn't hang well together. Laiho said he struggled putting this song together, and I think he actually failed at it. The rhythms are far too different and the transition are not thought well enough.

It has the potential to be TWO great song, but together, it only makes it a decent song. I'll listen to it when it pops up randomly, but I won't go looking for it in my Bodom playlist.

Reactions: Norbix