NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

That's what I thought... Shit. What kind of cancer? A friend of mine died last year because of pancreas cancer - 11 days after he got the diagnosis.

Back to the album... I listened to it again - great album. But it lacks again good solos. I don't know what happend to Alexi but why isn't he able to write good solos anymore? The last good solo (and propably one of the best he ever did) was the solo in Ugly but since RRF there's not a single one which I like.

Listening now. Just finished Kick in the spleen. I am speechless. Will come back later when I fight the right words. This might very well be my favorite album EVER.

Fantastic album. Really suprising that they went with those 3 singles as I feel those are some of the weaker songs. Might be my favorite COB album overall.

Another note- PLAY THESE LIVE. I hope they don’t settle for just the singles.

Last edited:
I had a great idea to put the old and new Knuckledusters together but I found out that the new one is exactly 1 bpm faster than the old version so they don't really sync up lol. Damn.

Okay, you guys make me excited for the record again. I literally don't have any time to even listen to the album until Saturday so I'll check it on Spotify then. But those claims about how good some of the songs are sure are interesting. Especially when you look at some of the names of the people saying this.

Soon Departed's chorus is the best thing they've released in, like, ever :D

All songs were pretty good (I skipped the singles though).

Original Knuckleduster was better than the new one.

Holy shit, what the hell happened to the Knuckleduster Remix :D

As a whole I'd say this is the best album since HCDR, with the possible exception of HOB. Should probably also give AYDY a listen to better compare stuff.

When I first heard the remix I was like WTF? I thought it was just going to be a different arrangement, not a whole new genre entirely lol

I would've liked Hexed more if the intro/verse riff didn't sound exactly like every Dark Tranquility song ever.

And my favorite neo-classical bit of the album is actually not the riff in Hexed but the starting lick of the solo in Kick in The Spleen. That fucking rocks.