NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Can't fuckin wait to hear Platitudes live! Going to a lot of summer festivals it seems since they're not playing clubs in finland at all this year. Was kind of thinking of going to Russia though... Haven't heard anything from Radio Rock about the New York show ticket competition, I bought the album three times to take part in it :D Because I had a strange dream about it before the competition was announced so I had this gut feeling that I might win.

Going tonight in Montreal, this will be my 17 th CoB show. I was all excited about it until I saw that lame setlist this morning. I don't know how you guys come up with 90 minutes, the playlist of this show is 54 fucking minutes. 54 !!! with the banter between songs it will be an hour and 10 minutes max.

90mins is what Alexi said in an interview, that's their casual stage time as a headliner. Which isn't too impressiv when I compare them to Dragonforce who played close to 2 1/2h infront of maybe 400 people back in their 2017 tour for 22€....

90mins is what Alexi said in an interview, that's their casual stage time as a headliner. Which isn't too impressiv when I compare them to Dragonforce who played close to 2 1/2h infront of maybe 400 people back in their 2017 tour for 22€....

Yeaahhh, nah, fuck that. I am kind of upset. Their set ended at 22:45. Usually headliners(including cob) endsufgA at 23:15/30. They could have easily slipped a few more songs in. Slight thing to correct with last night's setlist. They opened with AYDY... that's pretty much it. Wolfheart and StS put up a good performance.

On a side note, like, holy fucking fuck does Alexi look thin. I legitimately felt bad about his weight. I've seen him skinny throughout the years but holy mother of fucking shit did he not look healthy tonight.

Attachments

• 2019-03-15 00_38_20-Windows Media Player.png
    2019-03-15 00_38_20-Windows Media Player.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
They should be playing Knuckleduster, but I guess they don't want it to take all the attention from the actual new songs. :D

None of that new shit is gonna stay in the setlist. And only Hecate's Nightmare is good enough to even deserve a live chance. The songs are played nice but they miss the epicness. I don't want to sound rude, maybe it's just my opinion. Alexi could've fixed this by emphasizing the best rhythm and best melody idea of each song.

These recent setlists are a huge disappointment. I do like those picks I just feel like there is too much (old) stuff missing. I hope this is just a transitioning set list coming from the many shows they have played in support of SW’s 20th anniversary

Reactions: Woltimon
None of that new shit is gonna stay in the setlist. And only Hecate's Nightmare is good enough to even deserve a live chance. The songs are played nice but they miss the epicness. I don't want to sound rude, maybe it's just my opinion. Alexi could've fixed this by emphasizing the best rhythm and best melody idea of each song.

I hate to say it but I guess you're right. Was RRF the last album they played more than 5 different songs of ? I think the big problem is their stage time. Like I said on the last EU tours they played around 3 more songs. If they want to support Hexed they should add 3 songs from that album on the upcoming tour and please replace ADK :D

Ok I'll admit it, the show was awesome. They still kick ass big time even with the short set (although they play one more song than in Quebec as they opened with AYDY and moved Sixpounder before ADK.)

It could have been longer but when you are experiencing this set it's not as bad as reading it on paper.

The Montreal crowd makes up for it as it was just a big fucking moshing party throughout the whole set

Cheers
PowerMaiden

Reactions: Woltimon
Except for the new songs and If you want Peace it feels like I have seen that set already 6 times :D If that's the Hexed tour I want them to play songs from that album ^^

Reactions: COB-666
Except for the new songs and If you want Peace it feels like I have seen that set already 6 times :D If that's the Hexed tour I want them to play songs from that album ^^

I couldn't agree more. Do tours for the old albums and tours for the new ones. When you tour for the 20th anniversary, you play old songs. When you tour to promote a new album, you should play more song from that album, at least 5!

Hecate's Nightmare
Kick In The Spleen
Hexed
Say Never Look Back
Soon Departed

Just do this...

And avoid the motherfucking singles... They fucking pick the worse song from the albums! Except for Downfall and Trashed Lost And Strungout, no album had the single as best song...

Something Wild - The Nail
Hatebreeder - Downfall
Follow The Reaper - Children of Decadence (though Every Time I Die is fantastic)
Hate Crew Deathroll - Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood
Are You Dead Yet? - Trashed Lost And Strungout
Blooddrunk - Banned From Heaven
Relentless Reckless Forever - Ugly
Halo Of Blood - All Twisted
I Worship Chaos - Windershins
Hexed - Soon Departed

I couldn't agree more. Do tours for the old albums and tours for the new ones. When you tour for the 20th anniversary, you play old songs. When you tour to promote a new album, you should play more song from that album, at least 5!

Hecate's Nightmare
Kick In The Spleen
Hexed
Say Never Look Back
Soon Departed

Just do this...

Thank you Sir!

That was already my problem with IWC and HOB, they played like the same old songs they play now and just throw in 3-4 songs from the album they try to promote with that tour.. doesn't make much sense to me. 5 new Songs and 10/11 old ones would be perfect, I don't see the problem. You would still have 2/3 of the set oldschool stuff

Reactions: CharIie
And avoid the motherfucking singles... They fucking pick the worse song from the albums! Except for Downfall and Trashed Lost And Strungout, no album had the single as best song...

Something Wild - The Nail
Hatebreeder - Downfall
Follow The Reaper - Children of Decadence (though Every Time I Die is fantastic)
Hate Crew Deathroll - Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood
Are You Dead Yet? - Trashed Lost And Strungout
Blooddrunk - Banned From Heaven
Relentless Reckless Forever - Ugly
Halo Of Blood - All Twisted
I Worship Chaos - Windershins
Hexed - Soon Departed

Well since Hecates Nightmare is a single from Hexed :D but I still would love to hear Platitudes live and Glass Houses or Relapse! so many great options to get some variety into their live shows...

Before IWC was released Alexi talked about how cool it would be to play more songs from that album live and it turns out they just play the singles and Suicide Bomber (2 times) right before the new album comes out .-

Btw. nice to see some love for Ugly :D

Ugly is and will always be one of Bodom's best tracks, whole discography included. I can still perfectly remember where I was and how I felt when I first listened to it.
This song literally had so much influence on my life, that I am forever bound to it.
It made me fall in love with Norway, learn Norwegian, move to Norway, hate living there, move back to France in a state of depression, locking myself on videogames, find my wife on videogames, study Russian, move to Ukraine with my wife, move back to France with my wife, move to the UK.

I still can't believe a single song had such an influence on the course of my life.

If I were to make their 13 song setlist and getting something from each album...

1) Kick in the Spleen. How are you not starting a hexed tour with a song from Hexed? Short fast and angry. Perfect.
2) Scream for Silence. Get the melodies going and get a song from HOB into the setlist.
3) In Your Face. Probably the least controversial song to play live from AYDY. Now that super heavy is out of the way we can get old school.
4) Follow the Reaper.
5) Towards Dead End.
6) Bodom Beach Terror. Three back to back from their three best albums. These three are easily interchangeable to whatever.
7) Hecate's nightmare. More hexed that's not UGAC or This Road.
8) Blooddrunk. Something from blooddrunk album that's also keeping the melodies going.
9) Lake Bodom
10) Soon Departed for the ballad.
11) Hexed to end the set with that ominous outro and a fade to black.

Encore
12) My Bodom. IWC didn't escape my playlist. This song goes straight into being fast and heavy prefect restart and gets super melodic to setup the next song.
13) Downfall is the best outro song they have. But "Children Of Bodom" or "Hatebreeder" are good too since they both end after solos.

Good album, enjoying it more than the last two. Platitudes... and Hexed immediately got me hooked, This Road and Hecate's Nightmare are nice as well. But thank heavens original Knuckleduster didn't sound like this versions...

Alexi is VERY skinny. :/

2012-2014
b2dd660086.jpg

2015-2017
924aa9f603.jpg

Well... 2017 is maybe "OK", but now?!
0b13fe92e6.jpg

i mean he just said in an interview that he's tired of the rumours and comments about his looks and he doesn't have an eating disorder....
But I really am getting worried about him. Maybe it's not anorexia or anything but what I remember from interviews through the years he's never eaten very well. Overall he seems a lot happier than he's ever been but he keeps getting skinnier... And well he didn't have an alcohol problem in his own opinion before he was hospitalized. Touring life is stressful as hell I really hope everything's ok!!

Reactions: COB-666
Yeah that is not normal. Doesn't he force himself to puke? I think I saw that in one of the documentaries or something. Even his face looks too thin.

He can be tired of rumors and comments but what do you expect when you look like the wind is gonna break you.