New albumcover suggestion. Honest oppinion please!!!

Hehe Neil or Carl, doesn't really matter, the man rules! I'm a huge Fields/Nefilim-fan (as you can tell by my nick :p ), and I really love Swanö's gothic-style stuff too! Check out the cover he made of Sisters of Mercy's "Lucretia My Reflection" (can be found on "A merciful tribute to the SoM"-album)!! It absolutely kills!

Hmm, I saw the new cover art for Nightingale's Alive Again due on August 13th. It's pretty minimalist to say the least. Has a smoked aluminum look to it. Then there is the eye on the right side bottom and some bars faded into the background. I think it's okay.

I think the new cover will be the best Nightingale-cover so far!! Very good job indeed!

As a novice (I still have no idea what style of music it is)....I'd say a bit boring. Looks like it a cover for new age relaxation music - but then, what would I know :lol:

then again-it would be easy to find in your collection because it is so plain and many busy covers....

:rolleyes: sorry, i'm a Libran :D

and the acknowledgements could be a bit bigger/darker for easier reading-everyone reads that stuff (ok, almost eveyone)

A suggestion for your new album cover: The image of a Ghostly Raven (or some other foreboding animal) comes to mind, perched on the album cover as if watching its prey.

I indeed agree with the lastest color for the album cover!

The cover is really nice. It is very minimalist and I like it very much. If the Nightingale goes another way it'll be perfect

On second thought, why don't you put a big-breated naked chick on there. It'l sell a lot more. About a big Devil on a Harley with 2 big breasted chick on each side that climbs a big pile of corpses.....
:)

....in trying to be funny I can't believe I just described a Manowar cover... how sad ;-)

Although I do like the cover art, it needs more to it. Heres my suggestion. Alright, lets look at the facts:

1. Band's name is Nightingale
2. Nightingale is a type of bird
3. New Album is Alive Again

Taking all that into account. I have yet to see a damn bird on any nightingale cover! :)

What Im suggesting is that there should be a black type bird...a shadow of the bird would look cool (breathing shadow!)...and then....everyone knows what the Phoenix is right? Well..she was born again...which is just like Alive Again right?...

Have the shadow of the bird flying out of...blue/silver flames? with feathers falling down towards the bottom of the cover. I think the whole thing would look really really cool :). Just an idea for ya.

monkeyface.jpg

monkeyface!