Possible albumcover for "Alive Again"

I like it... except for the lettering of 'Alive Again'

Seems that choice is too... cold, 'futuristic' looking for an earthy, older sound (especially if you're keeping the same kind of keyboards...) like Nightingale has...

The whole thing reminds me of one of the newer Amorphis covers...

Hi Dan!

I think the best word to discribe it is "professional" or "modern".
A cool cover that might be better to catch peoples' interest in the shops than the other cover artworks.
But what is it in the background? I think I can see some sort of cathedral / church? Are there organ pipes and archs? Hm... And the pic on the back could be a torch in the dark (inverted).
Please tell me, this is very interesting for me!
So: The layout is great, the letters are pretty basic and interesting. Good colors chosen. Something completely different!

So long

NICO

We have the same problem here.
PC's eat CD roms for breakfast
Long live Apple!!!

I am delighted with your reviews of the cover.
Matt Cira is one helluva bloke.
I have a whole CD rom of his works and not one single picture (all made by weird real camera movements..) would make it into a booklet of mine.....geezzeeeee

D

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
I like it... except for the lettering of 'Alive Again'

Seems that choice is too... cold, 'futuristic' looking for an earthy, older sound (especially if you're keeping the same kind of keyboards...) like Nightingale has...

The whole thing reminds me of one of the newer Amorphis covers...

I agree with Jim, the cover is excellent but the font of "Alive Again" i think kinda disrupts the over all feel of the rest of the artwork... which has kind of a tranquil feel then you have that Font which seems a bit... cold *shrug* but then again i don't know too much about anything:D
Do what pleases you and those involved and you're sure to be pleased no matter what anyone says :)

Whoa, cool. I like the split of the light/dark, particularly the front cover, very striking. Lettering looks cool, too :)

CLARET@ have you tried un-installing the driver then reinstalling it? (ok, that may be a silly question...... :D)

i think the cover is awesome :) simple and yet great,it gives me a feeling of peace...and hmmm it reminds me of silky sheets,caramel icecream *yummy* and foambath......

The color scheme is great! So is the placement of the band name and album title. :cool:

I have to agree with those that are against the lettering of "Alive Again" though. Those "A's" just don't look right on a Nightingale cd to me, they look kinda "gimmicky", if that makes sense. Nightingale has such a warm peronal sound (like in the song Alive Again!) this lettering doesn't seem to give it the proper feel.

It's great to see all you guys and girls having an opinion about the cover.
I see the main issue here being about the lettering and over all simplicitity. Well..to me that represents a change that have taken place.
1. On this album some tracks have a slighty different feel to them. I want the cover to respresent that change. People should start to thing "Hmm..this looks different, maybe the band have progressed since the last records..I gotta hear this!!" If we stick another" tree, forest or skull" alike theme on the album it will say "This is the same old stuff, just different tracks" and people that don't like Nightingale won't even give it a try.

2. We have a bassplayer and a drummer in the line-up. This is a change in the sound, and I am sure you will like their performance, they were not chosen for their looks!!

3. We will do everything we can to achieve a very professional sounding production and I feel that this cover looks a bit "un-demo" compared to some of our other sleeves which really has "underground relelase" written all over it. Nothing wrong with that, but this time we'd like to reach out to more people (The ones that have nothing to do with the underground but loves a good rockin!!) that we know would love our music once they got their hands on it.

I didn't know what to think when I saw this cover for the first time either. The first version I saw didn't even have a Nightingale logo on it. I though that was great. It felt like a clean start, because that is really what this is all about. Clean start. But I guess the logo must be there???
Nightingale is a band now. We will still use the Breathing Shadow lyrical concept because it is too connected with the music to be thrown away. What I also like is the bleak colors. It is somewhat connected to "Closing" only a bit lighter...and so is the music!!!

Dan

Originally posted by Dan Swanö
stick another" tree, forest or skull" alike theme on the album
:lol: :lol: yeah, careful, people might think you're a black metal band (man, how bummed would you be if you bought it thinking that, then got it home and heard it.....)

they were not chosen for their looks!!
Hope they're not reading this, they could be crushed ;)