Possible albumcover for "Alive Again"

Thank you all for the insightful feedback as this is always helpful. Nightingale to me, as a huge fan of extreme metal, has always been the band I turned to when I couldn’t take the double bass drums or the screaming any longer and is more on the mellow side of my musical interests. I am aiming (and I stress aiming!!!) to create an entirely professional identity for the new album, with hopes to catch a few new fans as Nightingale truly deserves it. Hell, if Creed and sell a billion albums, why can’t Nightingale, right??

Here’s some answers to your questions:

On the topic of the typography, I used several different logos in the comps I sent to Dan originally. Some used the original fonts from the first 3 albums, and some were a new look for Nightingale. Since the band has evolved from a one-off goth project to a highly acclaimed prog band, I thought it might be time for change. The new logos I (hastily) threw together were a compromise, some remnants from past moods carried on Nightingale albums, and others that I felt at the time. The new logos have a “decayed” feel to them, and Nightingale has an airy, atmospheric feel, and I just didn’t think the logos worked too well. I will post them all for you a little later this weekend.

The photo across the top, the “cathedral” looking photo, is actually a chair leg in my office. Crazy, I know, but Photoshop does wonderful things. The Blue-ish photo across the bottom is several different photos I took with my Nikon of the red light radiating from the top of my Harmon Kardon tube amp (see the photos here: http://www.lucidnoir.com/nikontest/) with some other textures layered in. The textures are several different objects like rose petals, a motor oil stained cloth, random pencil drawings, rain cascading down my bedroom window, etc, etc.

Hey, if you guys show the interest, maybe I will throw together an “Evolution of…” type web page to show how I did all this stuff, just cuz its fun.

I am going to stop typing now since artists who talk too much bug me. Thanks again for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it! Remember to check the site often as I will be adding the full booklet, and new stuff as I complete it.

Matt

Hey, cool :cool:
Those red light photos are interesting- I'm always amazed by the inspiration some people use, just taking basic stuff but having enough vision to screw with it and end up with something cool.

You are totally right Dan, It looks more "mature" or something...
It`s great anyway but I loved the frontcovers of the earlier records too, better then the ones for Eos :)

Hi there Danne bubben.

The cover is great as it is. One question though: What do you mean when you say "they wern't taken on because of there looks"? In my humble opinion the looks of the band increased with about 1000000000% since we joined (laughter)...
:lol:

i think it's great...
i like it bette than the other three, but i did love the CC art....

my only opinion is the title font too.. i really do like it but it would look really cool with a handwriting font (like infernal EOS) too...only because that has a more personal touch, as if the protagonist had written it himself.

but i love it.

HI DAN!

I like the trees and rain theme.. It looks nice.. but I don't like the bird or the guy or the weird thing on the right... They look too fake. I think this is really good as a whole though.. good job!

Matt, we'll get some shots done in the studio.
Some serious ones too, promise!!! We might even go to a proper photostudio for some really Hi class stuff for promotion etc.

D