New Amorphis album

An interview here http://radiotangra.com/player/
There are repeats tomorrow from 10 a.m. EET and at 10 p.m. EET

Thanks again. That was AWESOME. Shades of Gray had totally breathtaking growls. Also I loved how they were more black metalish :kickass:

They also played The Wanderer which was.. The most beautiful song Amorphis has ever made :')

If you listen closely you can actually hear Mission, Narrow Path, Into The Abyss and Enchanted By The Moon played in the backround too :loco: So. Much. Ear. Candy.

Man... This album sounds so potential it could top my favourite album Eclipse (which I think is greatest album ever made by man)

They also played The Wanderer which was.. The most beautiful song Amorphis has ever made :')

Ironically, the DJ, whose musical opinion I generally hold in high esteem, said this was the song he liked the least on the album.
I can't say anything yet, because I need to listen to it entirely, several times.

BTW, you seem to have missed bits and pieces of Nightbird's Song. Which, imho, is great. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Ironically, the DJ, whose musical opinion I generally hold in high esteem, said this was the song he liked the least on the album.
I can't say anything yet, because I need to listen to it entirely, several times.

BTW, you seem to have missed bits and pieces of Nightbird's Song. Which, imho, is great. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Being the Amorphis fanboy that I am, I'm know to exaggerate things, but with The Wanderer I felt the love with the first note.

Also I heard some bits of Nightbird's Song but not the whole song? And yeah ironically it's the song that I want to hear the most! :D

But I really can't complain. Tangra was first station the play Skyforger's songs (Sampo and Higest Star I think?) in 2009 and also The Beginning of Times in 2011. And now this :worship:

EDIT: Okay I didn't realise the DJ continued playing the songs :D Also listening the Wanderer few times more, I'm sticking with my opinion. What a candy!

But I really can't complain. Tangra was first station the play Skyforger's songs (Sampo and Higest Star I think?) in 2009 and also The Beginning of Times in 2011. And now this :worship:

That's because they're a bunch of Amorphis fanboys too :D
But this time they didn't play the entire songs. Maybe later they will.
Actually, back in 2009 they played all Skyforger songs way before the official release dates.

Wait, will they play them again tonight?

I haven't opened Radio Tangra in some time now, and when I clicked it a moment ago, I heard music from 'Ghost in the Shell'. Hard to describe how great it felt to hear that on a radio.

Well, other than the fact that the new album will be awesome on so many levels - from guitars to new vocal parts, I can also attest that I understand Bulgarian a lot better than I thought.

Great interview, listening to song excerpts now.
Can't wait for the new video.

Cheers to Mr Awesome Varbanov. :kickass:

It's really hard to me to hear things, when there are some background voices. In this case the intervies is those voices, 'cause I was interested of music. :)
But I'm very happy from what I heard. There was plenty of nice sounds and my expectation are now very high!

I'm like those old grannys whining that "we haven't do that earlier, why should we do that now". I have feared that Tägtgren changed too much, but my fear is unnecessary.
This sounds so great I can't wait!

What was that speak about To/Die/For? I don't understand bulgarian, but I interpret that the DJ don't much like them. :)

Eurynome: did you listen that repeat?

What was that speak about To/Die/For? I don't understand bulgarian, but I interpret that the DJ don't much like them. :)

Eurynome: did you listen that repeat?

Yeah, I'll make sure to bring him some Koskenkorva the next time I'm in Bulgaria. Which is hopefully later this year, because a man should not be out of good vodka for a prolonged time. ;)

He compared the "The Wanderer" to To/Die/For's "Live in You" - mostly because of the vocals, I think (Xptrinity might provide further clarification). I didn't find any fault with it, so if it's indeed the weakest song of the album, the rest is obviously >> :headbang:

Yes, indeed, he said the vocals remind him of To/Die/For and this is the song that he likes the least on the album.

Well, other than the fact that the new album will be awesome on so many levels - from guitars to new vocal parts, I can also attest that I understand Bulgarian a lot better than I thought.

Great interview, listening to song excerpts now.
Can't wait for the new video.

Cheers to Mr Awesome Varbanov. :kickass:

If I understand enough Serbian and can get the general meaning, there is no reason that you don't understand some Bulgarian ;)

The interview was indeed good. Frankly the previous several of Vassil with Esa were rather boring.

Here's some meaningful lyrics that I tried to figure. It gives a little something something what's coming up, from this great song :loco:

The Wanderer

Verse 1
Behold this man on the road
the border that he rose
he lost it all but still he carries on
the death have left behind all the longing, pain and creed
promises been broken once again he's been decieved

Chorus 1
Hopeless man, he is wanderer without hope
why this heavy burden? what does it streak/strike?
Hopeless man, he is searching for his dreams
Why this heavy burden? Lost all his believes

I just pre-ordered the Japanese version, with the obligatory bonus track.

I'm still waiting for the names of the two additional bonus tracks on the NB shop LimEd box, because if one of them is "New Song" (I take that to be the real name until proven otherwise, although it sounds like a working title), then I don't need it twice. On the other hand, going by what Esa said in that Tangra interview, the bonus tracks will be different.

セパレイテッド FTW! :headbang: