New Amorphis album

a nice box with two digipaks indise,one with the cd and one with the dvd,and the booklet just goes inside the box.Dead man's dream lyrics are written on the digipak of the cd.also a nice poster.
Same like in mailorder edition + there is a mini cd with two bonus tracks (the coolest thing in the box :kickass: )
But the booklet is just mehhh :mad:

Still haven't heard from the local distributor :( Don't know what's wrong this time. Normally they get it way in advance or at least a couple of days earlier. Now - nada. Should have ordered it from the net, though I have very bad experience with pre-orders.

Same like in mailorder edition + there is a mini cd with two bonus tracks (the coolest thing in the box :kickass: )

Are those two bonus tracks only in that mini-cd? So they are not included the main cd? I so hate when they do like that. :( Yeah, it's cool and kind of a nice, but SO impracticable and irritating. Instead of you can listen to all the tracks at once, you need to chance to disc if you want to listen all tracks. Well, need to burn all of them to one cd.

Well, the main thing is that all the bonus tracks are great!
I wish they take DMD to the live set, it would be really harsh played live. :headbang::kickass:

You can listen to Circle from Radio Rock ( http://beta.radiorock.fi/external/player ) after midnight.
I'm not 100 % sure about this, 'cause their net page have no information about it, but one of their speaker said that "you can listen to whole album a bit later, when we reach friday".
Radio Rock plays new albums as a midnight firstplay (much funnier in finnish, so I think it can be playing after midnight.

Ah! Finally I am able to join the forum!
Hi everyone, this is Claudia from Italy, a big Amorphis fan since the days of Eclipse - the soundtrack of my first year of university! :kickass:

Anyway, I just listened to Circle and I must say it's seriously impressive. Can't wait to receive my mailorder edition and listen to those bonus tracks. And also can't wait for the japanese edition to appear, so that I can begin my hunt for those mysterious two, His Story and New Song.

You can listen to Circle from Radio Rock ( http://beta.radiorock.fi/external/player ) after midnight.
I'm not 100 % sure about this, 'cause their net page have no information about it, but one of their speaker said that "you can listen to whole album a bit later, when we reach friday".
Radio Rock plays new albums as a midnight firstplay (much funnier in finnish, so I think it can be playing after midnight.

Just needed to tell you, after playing Circle, there was Manowar's Die For Metal. Rockrock. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Ah! Finally I am able to join the forum!
Hi everyone, this is Claudia from Italy

Welcome! :)

Tomi just said on Radio Rock that it was Peter who made him keep the choruses simpler than he would have envisioned them himself. Gotta admit that I find it kind of comforting that I may point the finger in the general direction of Sweden after all. :p

Much as I always advocate vinyl, the whole issue with the bonus tracks and the song sequence of the album proper makes me value the possibilities offered by digital files. Varying things as little as keeping the basic songs in their original order and interspersing them with the bonus tracks I have so far gives me a result I rather like: SOG - Mission - DMD - Wanderer - Illusions - NP - HD - NS - ITA - My Future - EBTM - AND.

Not meaning to slight the artists' own vision, of course, just toying with what-if hypotheses for the sake of gaining deeper appreciation. After all, none of these bonus tracks was originally recorded with the purpose of being ditched, and we shall never know what discussions the six of them plus possibly PT went through before deciding on the final sequence of songs.

Ah, I never introduced myself. I'm Rory from BC, Canada. I used to post on the old forum on Amorphis' website a few years ago as Soothsayer but forgot my password. I fell in love with Amorphis in 2007 and my favourite album is Elegy. By the way, is there somewhere we can listen to Dead Man's Dream?! God damn North American release dates!

Honestly, I want to shoot the entire NB logistics department + the local distributor's webmaster :(
I saw the album on the local distributor's site today, so on my lunch break I walked to the other side of town to get it. Turns out it actually hasn't arrived yet and no one is sure when it will arrive, because they don't even have a tracking number. The explanation for it turning up on the website with status "in stock" was "so people can order it". Then I was offered to buy another Amorphis album "since you came anyway". I said I have them all and want "Circle". It was a bit absurd, really. Then the owner came in from the office and actually reminded me that it was pretty much the same story with TBOT. I'd forgotten that episode, but I think this was exactly the case back then.
Anyway, not that it is such a big drama, but I am really disappointed :(

Now I have listened to the album for few times and I really like it. I do love Nightbird's Song (which has stuck on my head), Narrow Path (like I mentioned before, folky elements tend to attract me), Shades of Gray (the guitar solo really reminds me of songs from Elegy) and Mission, also A New Day is growing on me little by little. To me it sounds like the "new Amorphis" meets "the old one" which I like as well. Enchanted by the Moon is the only one I don't like that much, to me there's something distracting in that song, but probably it will grow on me later.
I think that also the document was quite a entertaining, good bonus indeed.

I walked to the other side of town to get it. Turns out it actually hasn't arrived yet

If things were as I thought they still are, I would have just stuffed the thing in my bag a few minutes ago and would be able to tell you guys more about New Song within the hour. Mighty was my surprise when I found the arrival notice (dated yesterday) on the floor upon returning from the office twenty minutes ago, so I was about to turn around on the doorstep and head downtown to pick up the parcel from the main post office, which is from where I had to fetch declarable shipments in the past. Well, I spared myself an unnecessary trip by giving the paper a closer look and noticing that the pick-up place 1) is nowadays at the airport in the neighboring town of Vantaa, 2) had just closed for today and 3) won't open again before Monday morning. In short: Tokyo > Vantaa 7800 km, two days; Vantaa > Helsinki 20 km, four days. :rolleyes: At least I'll have a good reason for getting out of bed on Monday morning, which is not my strong suit.

If things were as I thought they still are, I would have just stuffed the thing in my bag a few minutes ago and would be able to tell you guys more about New Song within the hour. Mighty was my surprise when I found the arrival notice (dated yesterday) on the floor upon returning from the office twenty minutes ago, so I was about to turn around on the doorstep and head downtown to pick up the parcel from the main post office, which is from where I had to fetch declarable shipments in the past. Well, I spared myself an unnecessary trip by giving the paper a closer look and noticing that the pick-up place 1) is nowadays at the airport in the neighboring town of Vantaa, 2) had just closed for today and 3) won't open again before Monday morning. In short: Tokyo > Vantaa 7800 km, two days; Vantaa > Helsinki 20 km, four days. :rolleyes: At least I'll have a good reason for getting out of bed on Monday morning, which is not my strong suit.

I've been wondering about the notice you posted on FB. Really amazing that it got so quickly from Japan to Finland :OMG:
On the other hand, we also have to go the airport customs to pick up items, for which customs duty is due. And the horror stories about the bureaucracy there are plentiful.

I can see why Dead Man's Dream is not on the album proper. Almost a total lack of what modern Amorphis has really been about.

What do you mean by this? I agree that it sounds very different from Amorphis these days, and that's actually what I love about it! It's one of the most 'out there' songs on the album, and wow, I love the chorus. This song is immense, Amorphis bonus tracks always seem to be so strong.

His Story is now on Spotify. :) It's almost instrumental, which kind of explains its bonus status. But then again, Relief makes perfect sense on Elegy, and this one in some ways reminds of it (apart from Kashmir). Did I mention I love the guitar work on Circle? Well, even more so with this one. Nice job, Mr. Holopainen.
Thumbs_up.gif