New Amorphis album

Dead man's dream was a real surprise.Although we had heard one sample of it in the videos that the band made,the previous months, i had forgot the riff until now.I really wonder how can this be a bonus track.it sounds great!

I think the term 'bonus tracks' is way over used these days.
If it's on most versions of the CD, then it's on the album regardless of what you want to call it.
What does drive me mad is the different versions with the extra songs on them.
Record labels are kidding themselves if they think, that fans are going to buy multiple copies of the same album for a couple of different songs.
In this day and age, they are lucky if they get one person to buy one version.

I think the term 'bonus tracks' is way over used these days.
If it's on most versions of the CD, then it's on the album regardless of what you want to call it.
What does drive me mad is the different versions with the extra songs on them.
Record labels are kidding themselves if they think, that fans are going to buy multiple copies of the same album for a couple of different songs.
In this day and age, they are lucky if they get one person to buy one version.

I agree 100%

Enchanted By The Moon Lyric Video:

More samples: [ame]http://www.amazon.co.jp/Circle/dp/B00BYJ0DJY[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
hah, you beat me to it! :D Hmmm, since this proves that NB DOES know what people like best about Amorphis, maybe they could suggest to put more songs of THIS kind on the next album! (The Wanderer and HD are all nice and well, but just don't work for me in the same way as the heavier stuff. I'm getting old, I need my ass kicked more seriously than in younger years... :p)

"His Story" is the Japanese bonus. Do we have all bonus tracks now?

"Enchanted..." is pretty damn good, can't wait to hear that song live! Also, the amount of lyric videos suggests they might release all songs one by one before 19th.

It IS confusing. The Victor page (NB's Japanese distributor) still lists it as "New Song", and "ニュー・ソング" is indeed the phonetic transliteration of that title, not a Japanese phrase meaning " a new song". The text at the bottom, according to GTranslate, says something like "Dead Man's Dream is the regular bonus track of the Overseas Limited Edition, but "New Song" was only allowed to be on this Japanese Limited Edition."

Would be really nice if someone from the Higher Powers finally writes down a comprehensive list of what goes where and under what name.
It's two weeks till the release and it seems that no one from those who are expected to shell out, is actually sure what s/he's going to get from where. - I would imagine the CD's are already pressed, the sleeves printed and the packages shipped, so SOMEONE in the label at least should have any clarity on the matter.

Terrible quality, but what is this, His Story?? New bonus song? Sounds nice :p

Edit: actually sounds pretty fucking nice!!

I'd place it somewhere in this general region:

kashmir.jpg

Which, in my book, is a compliment.

Uih!
It possibly might be that we are getting an amazing album! ;) This sounds really, really good even the number of all those bonus tracks really is a bit confusing. But what the hell, I don't give a damn about it, because I don't believe that it makes Circle more or less bad because of those. :loco:

I like (based on short clips) The Wanderer, Nightbird's song, Enchanted... and a New Day.
Most of these all I'm interested in Mission. There is something that makes me waving, swinging and feeling good. :dopey:

This is more like it. About time our guys took some risks again. They are trying things I haven't heard from Amo before and it feels fresh.

Ain't going to complain about a couple radio friendly songs. They got mouths to feed.

Mrs. Tuonelan gives it the horns and says she hears some of the old Amo in the arrangements and the folkiness.

Rrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!

I would imagine the CD's are already pressed, the sleeves printed and the packages shipped, so SOMEONE in the label at least should have any clarity on the matter.

I said that I don't give a damn about all the bonus' and versions, but you are right: it would be nice, as a paying customer (and also as a fan), to know what we are ordered or ordering.

This is more like it. About time our guys took some risks again. They are trying things I haven't heard from Amo before and it feels fresh.
Ain't going to complain about a couple radio friendly songs. They got mouths to feed.
Mrs. Tuonelan gives it the horns and says she hears some of the old Amo in the arrangements and the folkiness.

I wouldn't agree you more!
Because of the risks and and freshness, but also 'cause this shows to us, that according to your lady, women are always right. ;)

I said that I don't give a damn about all the bonus' and versions

Why? I DO give a damn for the simple reason that I would love to hear each and every note that ever was written and performed by this band. Of course, this doesn't mean that I would buy the gazillion different CDs and shell out on the thousand different iTunes releases (for the simple reason that with my Bulgarian Visa card I can only buy stuff, which has been released in the BG version of iTunes and, trust me, we ain't getting any special editions, bonuses, etc...), but I would still love to keep track and eventually hear it (usually via Piratebay or the Russian torrents).

I'm pretty sure we will hear all bonus songs eventually. Maybe not at the release day (which is sad of course), but eventually they will be in web.
Now I think they said there was 15 songs, so there will be 6 bonus tracks.
Dead Man's Dream, My Future, His Story and New Song which leaves 2 to be released in the future. Probably with upcoming singles from the album.

It's all about making money after all.

Why? I DO give a damn for the simple reason that I would love to hear each and every note that ever was written and performed by this band..

My orginal line was "the number of all those bonus tracks really is a bit confusing. But what the hell, I don't give a damn about it, because I don't believe that it makes Circle more or less bad because of those." in post #253.
I meant that in the other hand, I don't care how many bonus songs there are, 'cause I and we all will hear all of them. Yes, it would be nice and simple if there would be one album with all the songs. It is all about making more money, or I don't anyway find another "good" reason for all these different versions, but I choosed the version which includes most extra songs. There isn't all of them, but I will hear all of them at this web-era.

Of cource I want to hear all the songs and notes this band makes, that is why I ordered NB mail-version. My line was ment to be cheerful statement that yes, this number of versions is a little bit annoying, but I'm not complaining, I will have my version with three bonus song and I will hear the rest of the songs in internet.