New Amp! Peavey Windsor with Clips!

Losing Reality what are your settingson album 2 master on the Windsor same as before? And your chain?

Yea man, everything was the same....the 5150 was different though.

Chain was Edwards LPC EMG81--TS9--Decimator--Windsor/5150--Avatar Cab 4x12 V-30s--1SM57--Profire 610-- Cubase. Hi and lo pass at 60, 12500

Got mine yesterday and I tested the bias,......... it like the 5150 was way cold! Factory had it at the coldest setting, 12-15 m.a. and I adjusted it to 39-40 m.a. to get them to 70% and the amp came alive. Thank god this amp unlike the 5150 has a bias pot for adjustment. Have someone check the bias on yours and achieve more headroom with more warmth. Peavey has a long history with puting out cold biased amps.

Noob question, especially for someone who has passed a year in an electronic engineer school, but what do you have to check on an amp to BIAS it ? The amperage flowing throught the tubes ?

Ok i know this thread was dying but how easy is it to get a metal tone out of this amp? obviously it's cheaper than most other tube amps but I'm not convinsed if I should make the plunge and get this as opposed to all the other "strictly metal" amps

Just have a listen to the clips man, you'll definitely need a tubescreamer in front of the amp to tighten things up, but as long as you do that you should be good. I mean it doesn't sound modern metal like say a 5150 or rectifier does, but its still a cool tone.