New Angra

I still have yet to hear the entire album, but from what I've heard, I love it. Angra is one of my top favorites in the entire true metal side of the spectrum, nothing that they have done has really dissapointed me. And in comparison to the new Blind Guardian, halfway through that record you think you have heard a few of the songs before. And none of them kick your ass like Blind Guardian has been superior in doing throughout their flawless career. Angra usually kicks my ass from the first (or 2nd, depending on an intro) track. I've been in an Angra mood all day, ironically so of course I had to include my "worship Angra" rave into this thread. Hey, at least it isn't the s/t Strato :p. Cheers!

I bought a 2 disc CD of Angra about 5 years ago, i think it was Angels Cry/Holy Land becaue i had read they were good so i thought i would check them out. I liked the music very much but the singer just didn't do anything for me at all. So it went to the $4 used Cd bin at a used record store.

livingwithwolves said:
I bought a 2 disc CD of Angra about 5 years ago, i think it was Angels Cry/Holy Land becaue i had read they were good so i thought i would check them out. I liked the music very much but the singer just didn't do anything for me at all. So it went to the $4 used Cd bin at a used record store.

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

livingwithwolves said:

Then again, that singer has left the band.

l've gotta get my hands on this one...l sort of lost track of these guys after Temple of Shadows which was a great release. l thought it was better than Rebirth. But, l'm not sure it got received as well as Rebirth. It was Angra & Threshold that got me to PPIII. Dang...l need to keep up lol.

Ascension said:
l've gotta get my hands on this one...l sort of lost track of these guys after Temple of Shadows which was a great release. l thought it was better than Rebirth. But, l'm not sure it got received as well as Rebirth. It was Angra & Threshold that got me to PPIII. Dang...l need to keep up lol.

Well there were no releases in between so you're not really behind. And I agree, ToS was vastly superior to Rebirth.