New Attack Attack album, take 2

No matter what everyone thinks about Attack Attack, I think we can all agree Brokencyde absoloutely fucking sucks.

I'm actually interested in hearing if they grow up a bit, dropping the auto tune effect is a big plus IMO.

it will definitely be a much more matured sound

they are still pretty poppy tho, from what we discussed, a lot of the sing-a-long choruses will have full band, in addition to dancy beats and keys

the song we recorded that will be up not too long from now is a good example of whats to come

any estimates on the myspace single release?

not yet
we tracked it when nick was in the band, now they want nick's parts taken out, and the song has a really stupid part when nick's vocals are gone (you could say his lines complete the part)

so we're either figuring out a guest vocal, or waiting for them to send me stems recorded on the road to add in.

Long live Crabcore! Posted this in the other thread, a sign I snapped a picture of in town:

CrabCore.jpg

I tune to drop a on a rg no problem. I use .12-.56 gage. works perfect. just need to use a wound g strang

i find I can't track with anything lighter than .56 for drop c, so for drop B i would be looking at 60. i did a band with 7 strings tuned to drop a# with a low G... we had 60's on the G and A# and they were both way too small, but the pegs wouldn't fit anything larger

i find I can't track with anything lighter than .56 for drop c, so for drop B i would be looking at 60. i did a band with 7 strings tuned to drop a# with a low G... we had 60's on the G and A# and they were both way too small, but the pegs wouldn't fit anything larger

60 is fine for B flat. I play 7 strings in B flat standard or sometimes Drop A flat. 9-42 for the top strings, 60 for Bb, or 64 or 65 for Ab.

That's with a light touch playing style, but it's very doable.

So this is a string gauge discussion then? I use 010-056's on my baritone 7. Standard tuning, drop A and ADADGBE. I'd rather use 010-060's though but Elixir doesn't make a set like that. Does any "long lasting" set come in a size like that anyway?

So this is a string gauge discussion then? I use 010-056's on my baritone 7. Standard tuning, drop A and ADADGBE. I'd rather use 010-060's though but Elixir doesn't make a set like that. Does any "long lasting" set come in a size like that anyway?

I have to buy several packs of strings to get all the right gauges for the setup i like for my 7 string :erk: