New Borknagar interview at HeavyMetal.no

I just hope some heavy production this time. I love Empiricism and Epic but I can't deny the lack of heaviness on the sound (not on the songs themselves).

Yes, they did lack heaviness although I would say Epic had a bit more of a heavy sound to me.

Speaking of which, has anyone else notice that the colour of the album art kind of describes the overall sound of the most recent albums? (Q through origin)

Quintessence's sound makes me think of that vibrant red, Empiricism's reminds me of the subtle greens and blues, Epic's reminds me of that orange and Origin's acoustic sound reminds me of that brown...

Yes, they did lack heaviness although I would say Epic had a bit more of a heavy sound to me.

Speaking of which, has anyone else notice that the colour of the album art kind of describes the overall sound of the most recent albums? (Q through origin)

I agree; Since Q the art has been kinda abstract but it somehow reflects the ' general vibe'...On Origin was very simple but effective. I would say Borknagar has chosen great front images/art on all albums. S/t has that kind of old and misty feeling. TOD and TAC are very well represented (TOD cd is beautiful and very 'viking' IMO) - in fact, the first 3 albums had an 'old' feeling on the music/vocals).

I agree; Since Q the art has been kinda abstract but it somehow reflects the ' general vibe'...On Origin was very simple but effective. I would say Borknagar has chosen great front images/art on all albums. S/t has that kind of old and misty feeling. TOD and TAC are very well represented (TOD cd is beautiful and very 'viking' IMO) - in fact, the first 3 albums had an 'old' feeling on the music/vocals).

The colour on the cover is in fact very important. Read an interview with Jimmy Page where he said that he almost had regrets for the colours they did choose for some of their albums (brown, orange etc.) since especielly these colurs tend to "colour" the music. The "brown" album really sounds "brown", and so on. He had a hard time "thinking away" these colours when listening to the albums, almost like the album cover contaminated the colours of each of the songs.

That beings sad, I think the artwork for Q and Epic are the worst in the borknagar history. Red and orange....bbbbrrrrrrrr.......

The Olden Domain is easily the most beautiful.

Mixed colours is propably best, so that each song may breath its own colour.

Thanx for taking time to translate this, now everyone can understand my ramble :cry:
Just kidding.
Reading this now when we sit here listening to the finished product I can say that it just took some time before I quite picked up on Øysteins enthusiasm, now it's there!
Now I am feeling impatient, I really really want to show people what we've made... Release is closing in.

I `ve just freaked out!!!!

From The Dave Kinkade Myspace:

"The new Borknagar album "Universal" is now complete
Hello from Oslo Norway. We just finished listening to the final mix of all 9 songs from the new Borknagar album "Universal". ICS Vortex recorded his vocals for the song "My Domain" yesterday and I have to say, its some of his best work. This record is quite the breath of fresh air and I am certain that it will quickly establish itself as one of those albums that sets the par in its genre. I cant say much more than that. Its amazing.

Set for release in September 2009 "

Simen and Vintersorg...?! This will be just AWESOME!!!! Can`t wait !