New CD's that you have gotten recently

I debated the VIP Jacket when tickets went on sale and im glad i didnt get it. I really didnt think it looked that great when i saw it in person.

I love mine. Goes well with the H&H TDYK tour shirt, Hockey Eddie (Maiden Toronto 2008 event shirt) and Grim Reaper.

I wish they didn't charge $30 for an album cover shirt.

Surprised you didn't have this. Also, Mendyk will be getting a polite punch to the gut today for disposing of this.

Oh, I have had this before.
Not sure what happened to my original copy.
Most likely traded it.

@ Jeremy - YEah, tho I look at it as an "out with the old and in with the new" Also with having a smart phone / iPod / etc, it makes it easier to part with stuff that's not collectible, or that isn't a fav........

Do I regret trading some things? Absolutely...

Though its fun to trade and get new things that I most likely otherwise wouldn't get.

I know as a mail order that's prolly tough to hear, but I am not like many here who have the $$$ to sit online every night and order 10 CDs at a crack

I am not like many here who have the $$$ to sit online every night and order 10 CDs at a crack

oh-snap.jpg

@ Jeremy - YEah, tho I look at it as an "out with the old and in with the new" Also with having a smart phone / iPod / etc, it makes it easier to part with stuff that's not collectible, or that isn't a fav........

Do I regret trading some things? Absolutely...

Though its fun to trade and get new things that I most likely otherwise wouldn't get.

I know as a mail order that's prolly tough to hear, but I am not like many here who have the $$$ to sit online every night and order 10 CDs at a crack

As trends come and go, out with the old in with the new - sounds about the same.
I just never could relate with that mentality. If I liked an album once it usually will always stay with it. I guess that would explain why I have such a habit now. Still I never understood that flipping mentality. I could not sell off all my thrash and hair bands because grudge was the new thing, nor can I sell CDs off of my racks that are worth a lot of money. I guess because I'm a fan and collector. My albums don't go anywhere, they don't get traded out, sold, etc.
Well correction; I did trade off vinyl at the record show, but it was vinyl in which I had the albums on CD.
I see guys at record shows doing this all the time, both dealers and buyers who will return again and again. Both will sell off and trade pieces of their collections and turnaround and buy it again. Just gotta scratch your head.

As trends come and go, out with the old in with the new - sounds about the same.
I just never could relate with that mentality. If I liked an album once it usually will always stay with it. I guess that would explain why I have such a habit now. Still I never understood that flipping mentality. I could not sell off all my thrash and hair bands because grudge was the new thing, nor can I sell CDs off of my racks that are worth a lot of money. I guess because I'm a fan and collector. My albums don't go anywhere, they don't get traded out, sold, etc.
Well correction; I did trade off vinyl at the record show, but it was vinyl in which I had the albums on CD.
I see guys at record shows doing this all the time, both dealers and buyers who will return again and again. Both will sell off and trade pieces of their collections and turnaround and buy it again. Just gotta scratch your head.

I am the same way. I buy things because I like them. there was a reason for buying it. I always keep every CD / book / movie I buy. Taste change through the years and you never know when you have an urge to pull out something that you haven't listened to in a long time. I don't get it either with people who buy and then a month later sell it off. With youtube now and other sites you can sample it first before buying.

@ Mendyke - that was a General comment. If it hit close to home.....LOL

@ Jeremy - well. I wouldnt say I sold off stuff to go along with trends.
I did sell / trade off a lot of my punk vinyl collection when I ws getting back Into metal Towards the end of the 90s

No doubt I have regrets on a few items which sucks but
So
Be it.

Yeah i don't trade stuff because of new trends. I trade because I no longer need it or find something I want more, or because i dont want to spend money on it.

I love having alot of cds, but to be honest the majority of my collection, about 3000 cds, sit in boxes in the basement for now collecting dust. Every once in awhile I'll go through them and see what i can get rid of or would be willing to part with, and there really isnt much i'd get rid of because I like most of it. But sometimes I just need to condense for new stuff i've gotten and will get rid of old stuff that i know i wont miss.

I've also finally hit the wall with rare cds that are worth money, yes it's cool to have those in your collection but sometimes i could really use that $30 or $60 and thats exactly what im doing right now with a handful of cds. They dont get play in the stereo or anything, and once i get a remastered edition they get sent to boxes to await in cd purgatory.

Mausoleum Gate - S/T CD
Apostle of Solitude - Last Sunrise CD
The Kinks - Sleepwalker CD
Sahg - Delusions of Grandeur CD
Sweet - Give Us A Wink Vinyl
Blizzard Hunter - Conqueror of Destiny Tape
Winterhawk - Revival Tape
Bear Mace - Kodiak Killers Tape
Starborn - Born By The Wind Tape
Satan - Trail of Fire CD
Dawnbringer - Night of the Hammer CD

GAMMA RAY GAMMA RAY GAMMA RAY

You Master of Illusion you.

Pre-ordered the new Herman Rarebell

Herman’s Scorpions Songs tracklisting:

“Rock Of You Like A Hurricane” - Bobby Kimball (Toto)
“Passion Rules The Game” – John Parr
“Loving You Sunday Morning” – Michael Voss (Mad Max)
“Is There Anybody There?” – Alex Ligertwood (Santana)
“You Give Me All I Need” – Don Dokken (Dokken)
“Make It Real” – Doogie White (Rainbow, Michael Schenker)
“Dynamite” – Johnny Gioeli (Axel Rudi Pell)
“Arizona” – Thomas Perry
“Love Is Blind” – Paul Shortino (Quiet Riot)
“Don’t Make No Promises” – Jack Russell (Great White)
“Falling In Love” – Gary Barden (Michael Schenker Group)
“Another Piece Of Meat” – Tony Martin (Black Sabbath)
“Animal Magnetism” – Michael Nagy
“Let It Shine” – Al Crespo (Unbreakable)