New CD's that you have gotten recently

Recent trade haul:
cd.jpg

The new ICED EARTH material got a better response than the old material.
People went apeshit for everything off the new one.
The album is EASILY their best since SOMETHING WICKED.

They did play the entire Dante's Inferno which was killer.

Do you need a trip down memory lane???????????

The runner up would of course be HORROR SHOW which is a great album, but I would still take DYSTOPIA.

Glorious Burden would have been an acceptable release for any other band, but not for ICED EARTH at THAT point in time.

Don't get me started on FRAMING ARMAGEDDON or CRUCIBLE OF MAN.

Horror Show is terrible. Glorious Burden is great. Framing is alright. New one is all filler.

Don't take this as a knock, but I take it you got into IE with Glorious Burden then? Sure, there are some great tunes on there, but just as much filler. That album was also the beginning of Schafer's recycling period.

HS terrible??? Wow, to each their own, but that's not something you hear everyday.

I honestly think too what makes DYSTOPIA great is that its a return to a straight album, and not all the unnecessary filler (and true filler, not just filler as in lame songs or whatever) that comprised so much of FRAMING and CRUCIBLE.

Finally, THE ANTHEM live was just as chilling as Blind Guardian performing NIGHTFALL or Maiden performing FEAR OF THE DARK. Just brilliant.

I was skeptical to see if anyone would even give a rat's ass about Iced Earth post-Stu. It wasn't until we got booked at MoJoes that I chose to finally check it out. I am glad I did. Apparently more and more people got the memo as this was the best IE turnout in Chicago since Powerfest. Also, all the reviews from this tour have been very positive.

Ok, once again, just my opinion. I am indeed a fan again.

Sorry,
I like epic songwriting.
IE perfected it with the DARK SAGA.

I like Iced Earth and Stormrider, but Schafer really showcased his songwriting capabilities with the DARK SAGA.

Don't like it? Bite it! ha!

I agree with Lee. Glorious Burden is a better album, but for me I think a lot of it is due to the Gettysburg trilogy as I love that grouping of songs. Dystopia would be second after Something Wicked in my opinion. I like Horror Show, but it just doesn't grab me like the others do.

I'd rank my top 3 IE albums as Something Wicked/Dystopia/Glorious Burden, maybe Dark Saga and Burnt Offerings mixed in there as well, depending on which ones I'm listening to at the time.

As for new tunes:

Adrenaline Mob - Omerta
Soulfly - Enslaved
Burn the Priest - s/t

Did anyone see that the first 3 Dio albums have been released in deluxe remastered 2 CD editions. I did pick up a rock candy remaster of Holy Diver so I kinda want to get The Last in Line. Bonus tracks are all live cuts.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Last-Line-Dio/dp/B006ZVCQNM/ref=pd_sim_m_4[/ame]

Found a couple things at Half Price Books:

Sacrifice - Apocalypse Inside (stickered at $25 but $14 after my coupon!) - really cool album
Dead Meadow - Dead Meadow $6
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger $1
Pink Floyd - Animals $2 (couldn't pass this for an extra copy of this gem for the car)

My Hell Headbangers order came in:

CDs
The Devil's Blood - The Time of No Time Evermore
Devil - Time To Repent
Evil Army - Evil Army

LPs
The Devil's Blood - I'll Be Your Ghost 12" single
The Devil's Blood - Fire Burning 7"
King Diamond - Amon Belongs to Detroit (Bootleg)(Bought 2 copies)
Vanderbuyst - Vanderbuyst
Vanderbuyst - In Dutch

And I got these tapes in a trade with the band, will have some available at the fest and in the webshop:

Imperial Cross - 2012 Demo (Old school speed metal ala Running Wild)