New CoB EP+DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sex Pistols dood, they already did the Ramones, and i dont think alexi like the clash, and if he does, only that first album.

Im saying the sex pistols.

sex pistols....thatd be nice
misfits would be pretty fuckin cool too, concidering their songs always sound much better covered by someone else

I say the Sex Pistols too, but I'd like a cover of Smash It Up, from the Damned. For he who does not know the Damned, they were (and they still play) previous than the Sex Pistols. I think that they started in 1975... Mmm... anyway, has Alexi said it is a punk rock band or just a punk band. Because it may be some Hardcore punk cover, from Minor Threat (like Slayer does) or Dead Kennedys (well, closer to punk rock than to Hardcore, but nevermind).

Let's hope and wait!

The offspring did smash it up, and dexter holland sounds just like the singer from the Damned

bobvex said:
Sex Pistols dood, they already did the Ramones, and i dont think alexi like the clash, and if he does, only that first album.

Im saying the sex pistols.

the sex pistols sucked. I lived during their era. They were only famous because of the antics of a non talented bass player.

it is cool about the EP and dvd though.:Spin:

true, they sucked, but they are probably the best selling '"punk" band ever.

NeedledWarheart said:
I'd love to see CoB cover the pistols "God Save The Queen"

That'd be so fucking awesome with Alexi.
*reps*

Silver Incubus said:
But isn't that what punk music is all about? Being bad, raw, and full of attitude?

I don't think they wanted to sound like polished pop stars or glam rockers.
truer words have never been spoken

yeah i know, but take a listen to my band, and how much punk rock music has evolved over the years, all the different sub genres that popped up, Straght edge (minor THreat), Hardcore (agnostic front), Oi! (Cocksparrer, dropkick Murphy's), skinhead (racist and SHARP's [Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice]) (screwdriver, Anti Heroes), east coast (the Krays), west coast (youth brigade, Rancid), glamour punk (the Casualties), Street (the Forgotten), and any others i missed. you will see how its become more focused, and not always about fucking shit up, and being an ass, or doing what you want. Now they have a stance on certain issues, most of which are "cant we all just get along." My band started out with that stupid "we can change the world" idea, but we decided we didn't want to, and we just wanted to have fun and live life, so our music changed, and got better becasue of it. We weren't whining about social structure anymore. we got songs now called "friday Nights", "Some more Noise", "City Lights", "Back from the grave" (after our 9 month Hiatus), "out with the new and in with the old", and what not

but they are becoming more professional.

Needled, do you have maybe 3 MB of webspace i can borrow for maybe 2 weeks or a month? just to get this song out to people, just last night i sent it to MagSec, and hes not one for punk rock, but he liked it. i wanna know what a few people in the Metal scene think too.

@bobvex
I dont know if id go so far as to call the casualties "glam punk" but i am glad to see that you didnt add hypocrite suckbags The Unseen to that list of yours

and id like to hear your song, i happen to be a fan of punk

I think it might be interesting to hear CoB cover something from The Misfits(old misfits of course, 77-83 era, the only misfits in my book). Might sound pretty cool!

I will definately get my mitts on this DVD; might have to order it online more than likely though. Luckily the one store I deal with can get imported stuff, so maybe I won't have to order online after all now that I think about it.

oh man a cool dvd. oh shit. i crapped in my pants again

bobvex said:
you will see how its become more focused, and not always about fucking shit up, and being an ass, or doing what you want. Now they have a stance on certain issues, most of which are "cant we all just get along."

would be better off if it was just about fucking shit up. to hell with getting along. KILL KILL KILL!

Youknow what'd be funny as fuck....

CoB - LAst Caress (Misfits).

About 90 other bands have covered that.

"iii goit somethin' to say!
I killed your baby today.."

Haha, go alexi!

id have to say, they would have the best cover of it too. Its a good song, but they would add so much to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.