New Cryptopsy song

Wow... that section at the beginning really sucks. So does the rest of the song, but that part at the start (and when it's reprised)... holy shit.

I can appreciate the Lykathea Aflame comparison, in the sense that while this is fast, technical and heavy, it comes across as about as menacing and aggressive as something by Blind Guardian. Which is a shame.

Considering I feared the worst after "And Then You'll Beg" and "Whisper Supremacy" (didn't like them at all), I was positively surprised by this track. I didn't particularly like that other new track (Carrionshine), but I think this has some very good moments. Lord Worm's vocals are a bit disappointing, and the intro isn't all that, but still.

I enjoy Cryptopsy but that was awful.

Immolation has proven to be the best death metal bands on earth in terms of creativity,consistancy,talent,originality,style,etc... They've not released one sub-pare album EVER. I hope jesus is burning right now.

Hmm... I have to listen to it more than once and I'll wait until I hear the whole thing before judging if Crytpopsy is down the pooper

Necro Joe said:
I can appreciate the Lykathea Aflame comparison, in the sense that while this is fast, technical and heavy, it comes across as about as menacing and aggressive as something by Blind Guardian. Which is a shame.

I disagree, while the melodic moments aren't exactly stellar they are decent enough to make the brutal parts sound more brutal than straight blasterbating death metal usually does.

its not very good in the beginning, but i do like the "heavier" parts.....
Im kind of glad they changed a little bit... only a few bands(immolation is one) that can produce the same type of album many times and have them still be decent...

The Greys said:
proven to be the best death metal bands on earth in terms of creativity,consistancy,talent,originality,style,etc... They've not released one sub-pare album EVER. I hope jesus is burning right now.

The Chasm.

Immolation rules, though. Except for the new one.

Not bad at all, but I could absolutely live without the vocals. Interesting to hear some sections of the song sound a bit black metalish.

I've managed to find another song, but not the whole album.

"Keeping The Cadaver Dogs Busy" starts with a jazz guitar bit. It's completely unlike this song, sounds more like something from 'Whisper Supremacy.' The thing is....I don't know what the hell happened to Lord Worm's vocals. They're sounding pretty awful.

Edit: Posted above

Some of you are passing judgment prematurely. Recall that a sample invariably strips any given track of one very important characteristic; context.