New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

Album getting mixed by Jacob Hansen. No surprises there. Also Jake E has a new kid. So that was really good timing on the Cyhra recording schedule.

Planning #2019. #CYHRA2 is being mixed by
@hansen_jacob
and this album is gonna be Amazing!!! Don't miss our show with @amorphisband next Saturday and our own show in HELSINKI NEXT Sunday!

I'm really looking forward to this one. By the sounds of it we'll be getting something much more up tempo. In all honesty I'm expecting it to sound quite power metal influenced, which will probably put off a lot of people. I don't get the feeling Jesper is going back to writing the kind of riffs and melodies we heard in TJR/Whoracle days, and if you add Jake's vocals to Jesper's more modern riffs & keys at a faster speed you basically get power metal.

Agreed. Jesper going back to Whoracle style writing (Karma) was one of the biggest missteps of the previous album. I have high hopes that Euge will regulate and push high quality writing.

This time I’m looking for more unique songs and cool riffs. Variety. My memory of the last album blurs together into 2 songs (slow and fast). After this I hope to recall some different songs.

Anyone know why Jesper couldn’t make the Cyhra show?

Since Jesper couldn’t make it to the show, the band had welcomed Marcus Sunesson (Engel) with open arms into their family, who totally nailed the set. Since we have to wait a little longer for Cyhra’s sophomore album, the band played only songs from “Letters To Myself”, songs that all the fans clearly know by heart. Behind me, I could hear people singing out loud and clearly being impressed with Jake E’s proficiency of Finnish language. Even though the audience’s hero of the evening clearly was Euge Van Halen – as someone bluntly shouted out after a sudden guitar solo!
https://tuonelamagazine.com/2018/11...rocks-helsinki/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

People have asked on the FB page but no details being given, although it doesn't seem like anything serious. Hopefully just a one off. I'll only be worried if it starts happening regularly.

People have asked on the FB page but no details being given, although it doesn't seem like anything serious. Hopefully just a one off. I'll only be worried if it starts happening regularly.
Yeah, hopefully not a repeat of the In Flames pattern. One question I have is if he “can’t travel” due to anxiety and whatnot, what are his plans when Cyhra blows up?

One question I have is if he “can’t travel” due to anxiety and whatnot, what are his plans when Cyhra blows up
Well, he has travelwd in their US tour. Another thing is that anxiety or depression might come and go and hit him when he less expects it.

https://tuonelamagazine.com/2018/11...5i_M5WtWtdclswjq1xpO5S86_VYyb_Imb_v-aZ-63qr1Q

"Jake E: It started off with me and Jesper sitting down and making the foundations of songs and then Euge came in and he had tons of song ideas and then we sent them over to Alex. We threw stuff back and forth, so it was a complete band effort this time. Everyone was involved in musical writing and in lyric writing actually."

"Alex: We have a band sound that is clearly from the same band. I do I have to say it has evolved, of course. It has changed and evolved. But it’s mostly Euge having a bigger part in the writing and the playing on the album. And having the mindset of having two guitarists on the album. So naturally, it’s more riff-oriented, more guitar-oriented than the first one. That’s probably the biggest difference. More is more."

Sounds good. I feel sorry for people who can't get past Jake's vocals, as I think this next Cyhra album is going to be great.

Sounds amazing. Everything is coming together the way we have hoped... can’t wait to hear the first clip.

High praise for Cyhra’s recent live shows. Jesper wasn’t there, and some other member missed some as well. Still went very well. Euge needs to be careful not to steal too much thunder from Jesper. I hope that relationship continues to be a good one. Not saying that Euge doesn’t deserve it, but for now I’d like to see what the band can do together.

Original http://www.rockbladet.se/2018/12/cyhra-battre-och-battre-for-varje-gang/

https://translate.googleusercontent...700241&usg=ALkJrhiqkjgzN4RSTi7_PGpbcEVNl83EMg

Jesper really needs to learn to leave those blabbermouth comments alone.

Listening to Amaranthe's new album, I can see why Jake opted out. Most of it is the Elize Ryd show nowadays. Their new clean vocal guy (who sounds like a generic 80s metal singer) doesn't get much to work with. They seem to have dropped the power metal/melodic death metal sound entirely now and are more like an electro-pop band w/guitar and harsh vocals which now sound totally out of place.

Much like n'Flaymz, Amaranthe peaked early and went down from there :(

Memories of better times for Eochaid and Krofi-kun, who I know are huge Amaranthe fanbois.

Reactions: eochaid
amaranthe-helix-500x500.jpg

Lol. It's a bit like a bunch of LOTR cosplayers got together and created a poster for a fourth instalment in the franchise. This is truly one of the worst album covers I've ever seen. Why have they made Elize look so... masculine?

Reactions: eochaid