New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

Honestly if Jesper leaves I think they would be fine. I think Euge would step up and they would find some youngish dude and rock out just fine.

Now if that happens, would interest from old IF fans fade? Maybe so. I’d have to see which direction they go.

I'd keep tabs on Cyhra if Jesper left as I like Jake as a vocalist, but I do think they'd lose something intangible that Jesper brings to the table. He just has a great ear for melody.

Reactions: Vermyn
Remember when Jesper was in the resistance, and there was a long period of no word after they said he needed to go on hiatus to battle his demons. And then he left after that. I’m getting a feeling something similar is happening here.

In a 2016 interview Jesper sounded like he had (finally) started to take his condition seriously enough, and had come to terms with the fact that he can never drink again. During his time in The Resistance it wasn't yet so, according to his ex-bandmates. The bassist said Jesper was good in 2013, but in 2014 he thought he could start drinking in moderation again, and it didn't exactly go very well... Hopefully he learnt his lesson.

In a 2016 interview Jesper sounded like he had (finally) started to take his condition seriously enough, and had come to terms with the fact that he can never drink again. During his time in The Resistance it wasn't yet so, according to his ex-bandmates. The bassist said Jesper was good in 2013, but in 2014 he thought he could start drinking in moderation again, and it didn't exactly go very well... Hopefully he learnt his lesson.
From his Instagram looks like he’s shifted to weed.

It's not uncommon for former alcoholics (or drug abusers in general) to switch to weed as a "safer" alternative.

Agreed. But it's a pattern. Usually ex alcoholics and drugaddicts end in religion. That's the final drug.

I believe it was Karl Marx who called religion "the opium of the masses". He wasn't wrong.

Reactions: eochaid
Religion it's a lazy scapegoat. In the end it doesn't require shit of you except for believe. No matter the message or precepts. You can just make it be whatever you want it to be.

Jesper is sitting out the Cyhra shows in March. Some news about the new album coming soon.

Also, Insomnium posted a studio video of awesome solo from their new album on official fb page.

Good thing about Cyhra - just the reason enough to stick around this forum for a bit longer. :)

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
If Jesper needs to sit shows out in order to avoid burning out or becoming anxious/depressed then that's what he has to do. That's why a project like Cyhra suits him - he can take a step back if he's getting overwhelmed. Impossible to do that with IF and their relentless touring schedule.

Truth be told, I don't give a fuck does he play live or not. Chances I'll see Cyhra live are quite slim.

The important part is that he feels good and that he does the songwriting.

Truth be told, I don't give a fuck does he play live or not. Chances I'll see Cyhra live are quite slim.

The important part is that he feels good and that he does the songwriting.

Yeah, same here. Unlikely they'll ever tour the UK - they seem to be in Finland quite a lot though! Really looking forward to their next album anyway.

If Jesper needs to sit shows out in order to avoid burning out or becoming anxious/depressed then that's what he has to do. That's why a project like Cyhra suits him - he can take a step back if he's getting overwhelmed. Impossible to do that with IF and their relentless touring schedule.
Yeah but the other guys see this as their main gig. It’s more of a band than a project for them. They do benefit from Jesper being in the band though, that’s how they started up their fanbase. Cyhra is trying to start up a strong tour routine as well.

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah but the other guys see this as their main gig. It’s more of a band than a project for them. They do benefit from Jesper being in the band though, that’s how they started up their fanbase. Cyhra is trying to start up a strong tour routine as well.

It may end up being similar to The Resistance where Jesper can only contribute for so long. It would be a shame if so, but I have no idea how much Jesper in his current condition can put into a band - especially when they go beyond just being a project and transition into a genuine band.

So Jesper can’t tour to a neighboring country 1 hour away for 3 shows...

...but he can be visiting the United States including NYC for an extended tourist trip right at this very minute? (according to his Instagram)

So Jesper can’t tour to a neighboring country 1 hour away for 3 shows...

...but he can be visiting the United States including NYC for an extended tourist trip right at this very minute? (according to his Instagram)

And this is why I said earlier A couple pages back maybe, that I get the same vibe as he had with the resistance. I know they have written another album, however, I feel the other guys are very much into it and feel invested. I don’t feel Jesper is invested. I could be wrong, just going off my guy.

And this is why I said earlier A couple pages back maybe, that I get the same vibe as he had with the resistance. I know they have written another album, however, I feel the other guys are very much into it and feel invested. I don’t feel Jesper is invested. I could be wrong, just going off my guy.
They have finished a new album... Last year. Being Jesper fully involved on it.