new Dark Tranquillity song

After Damage Done and Character I was hoping they would branch out and try something a bit different again (like Projector) instead of making Damage Done part 3 but this song doesn't give me the impression that they have.

At least they haven't changed for the worse, or released a song like "Come Clarity" or anything... People should stop complaining about the band being consistent, usually when a band changes at all they would be the first to complain...

Remember folks this may well be only the tip of the iceberg. I remember when Amon Amarth released "Cry of the Black Birds" ahead of the release of their latest album. Most people were impressed, but still many skeptical. When the album With Oden on Our Side was at last released, people were all blown away as most of the tracks on the album were much better than the one released ahead of the album.

Keep the faith, DT still may have a surprise in store for us.

At least they haven't changed for the worse, or released a song like "Come Clarity" or anything... People should stop complaining about the band being consistent, usually when a band changes at all they would be the first to complain...

There are also ways to be consistent without rehashing your old material over and over. Yes, you're right, DT are one of the few Gothenborg melo-death bands that is still together and not making atrocious music. But that doesn't change the fact that their most relevant material is behind them and there are far more interesting albums to listen to than stuff like this (even within their own discography).