New Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

I was listening to it just now. My four year old said "this is a little bit bad music, I'll put on something that's a little bit nicer." So now I'm listening to The Kazoos.

Haha go the Kazoos!

I was listening to Metropolis Part 2 in the car on the weekend, and reckon it's one of the best albums evaaahhh, so I'm now pretty pumped for the new one. Didn't realise it was coming out so soon though. Must get hold of it.

Haven't really had time to tune into them, will try and give it a listen at some point today and be a critical like no nothing :D

But I have always enjoyed the 'fantasy' lyrics they come up with, I seem to be one of the few who loved the last album lyrics and all

I hate seeing bands and not knowing all the material. The songs mean little to me until I know them.
For what it's worth they only new song they've been playing at the shows I've seen so far is 'A Rite Of Passage' and most of the crowd were singing along even at Sweden Rock 3 weeks before the album was to be released.

It would be a pretty good position to be in - having such a fanatical fan base that they're singing along at shows before an album is even released - as long as they don't dwell on the likely piracy angle too much.

What does that equat to in sales though

with the Aussie charts, they don't always equate to sales per CD but mainly orders through chains and such. Which is why pop stuff goes to number one, because of how many copies get ordered by the big record stores and retailers.

It's been ordered in bulk to every JB store in the country and to other music retailers like the Music Shop and Sanity, so that would add to the standing but also guessing that they are selling well because at least one JB here sold out of their special editions and half the regular ones already. :headbang::kickass:

I got the special edition on Thursday at JB and listened to it while I was driving around South Australia on Sunday. Sounds pretty good so far. Haven't read any of the lyrics though.

Why is that Gorey? Is it because the chart system is flawed and shit? Or that people are starting to get into decent music again?

I thinks its cause Roadrunner is having stores like JB Hi Fi price them for between $20. to $30 bucks for new relaeses and special editions

Roadrunner has the distribution network and the budget, plus these days they only really bother with bands who are already big or on the verge of being so: Trivium, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Slipknot, Soulfly, Killswitch Engage, Cradle of Filth...