new dream theater clip online!!!

I was listening to the sample going, "I wouldn't be surprised if this was how one of the songs actually sounded." and then the radio guys started joking about it afterwards.

Rudess and Petrucci are extremely talented musicians and you only need to listen to "An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess" to realize this. A good majority of the music is improvised and the songs range from metal to jazz to flamenco. really cool stuff.

Many bands have time changes and complex lyrics, you assbiter.This is the one band that sounds the same in every song to me. I fell asleep at their Gigantour show, and woke up to hear damn near the same fucking wank-solos 20 minutes later. Watch your mouth around here, noob, we don't take kindly to new kids as it is, let alone ones who think they deserve respect.

hey ass beard I've been on here for more than a year and I'm certainly no noob a lurker perhaps but no noob .

there is no respect on this or any other message board so I'm not demanding respect .

Your saying every song sounds the same to you is fucking ridiculous .
They are extremely diverse and not one album or song sounds the same.

Most of the assbiters haven't even listened to DT and just hate because of Labrie .:rolleyes: It is what it is

Why is he gonna eat my soul?? LOL
Captains Mom must be proud that she pooped out such an accomplished turd :puke:

I've never negative repped anyone before, that wasnt as satisfying as I had hoped. Russel should adopt a new system of adding "is gay" after the persons name for awhile.

DT are pretty good musicians. actually really fucking good. rock discipline is the satanic bible of guitar skill and i study from it. but i fucking hate DT's music. they covered master of puppets. that was the only good thing other than rock discipline they have attempted, too bad labrie made a manly album sound gay

My dream theater story:

I started listening to them in eight grade, which was 94-95, when Awake came out. They were my favorite band. I couldn't get into the Birchill to see them on the change of seasons tour because i was underage. My friends dad took us to Unos hoping pizza would smake my tears go away.
Loved Falling Into Infinity for being different and interesting, it took chances, Lines in the Sand and Trial of Tears are among my fav DT songs. There are a few stinkers on the album though. Loved Scenes from a Memory for bringing the metal back and for being all prog cliched out (solos, concept albums, riffage, choirs and shit) finally was of age and saw them three times on that tour.

THE TURN AROUND.

Six Degrees: This is the point where everything started downhill for DT and my relationship with them. It's still an OK album, but the trend of being too influenced by what they are currently listening to started to creep up and has not left them since. On 6 Degrees there is a pantera song, a tool song, a peter gabriel song, a radiohead song. The influence is too glaring, hell the gabriel song is a pure ripp off "solitary shell-solsbury hill"
The other main detractor for me, gone were the days of composing solos, Under a Glass Moon (holy shit!) Erotomania, etc...solos became nothing more than riff and key changes for each to wank over, no thought was left.

Also the constantly deteriorating voice and the rising gayness of James Labrie.

Once DT started shitting the bed I was already into Symphony X and Pain of Salvation big time and had no more need for them.

Train of Thought I couldn't get through..it was like DT trying to sound like slipknot from what I remember at points. That OCtavarium album, I got to the Muse ripp off song and stopped tape, haven't listened to it either.

Conclusion:Dream Theater is a machine now and they will keep pooping out albums and their fans will buy it, but all of the charm and intelligence of the first 4 albums is long gone. Only the musicianship remains, but as we know, that is never enough.

the end.

You do realise its like 1 second of each song strung together with no structure ... but my above statement still stands.

No Truer words have ever been spoken !!!!!!

Kevin Moore moved to Turkey and writes some really strange music nowadays .Have any of you heard his new music ?? It's barely even rock music .Tons of keyboard samples and sound effects .I like it but it's not even close to what DT could use for their music
Rudess is a better fit and more talented and diverse musician .

Kevin Moore moved to Turkey and writes some really strange music nowadays .Have any of you heard his new music ?? It's barely even rock music .Tons of keyboard samples and sound effects .I like it but it's not even close to what DT could use for their music
Rudess is a better fit and more talented and diverse musician .

OSI, It's actually damn good.