New Eluveitie Video

quite nice, definitely a band that took me by surprise on PaganFest when they played. Even with the stage overflowing with members they seemed to have no trouble utilizing the stage with all their energy and talent. Probably my second favorite performance under Ensiferum at that show.

Even with the stage overflowing with members...
They're the Wu-Tang Clan of Swiss Folk Metal.

On a more serious note, I feel completely validated by the success of Eluveitie. I had been saying for years that the one thing that kept Metal from being the greatest sub genre of Rock was it's dearth of great hurdy-gurdy players.

IMG_1428.jpg

Thank god for Anna Murphy.

Zod

<<Thank god for Anna Murphy.<<

I'm with you Zod, and she is much hotter in person, if you haven't seen her. Short and petite and always smiling. The kind of girl that if she was in the local bar, would be absolutely hounded at all times. I'd find it hard to believe any guy would turn her down!!

I heard of Eluveite long ago when they just had some demo material online since I have always liked celtic and medieval music, as well as bands like Cruachan. Eluveite ought to be a band that appeals to me in particular, but I have always found them as boring as can be. Their songs usually start with some cool and interesting intro part with the folk instruments going and all, then the meat of most of the songs would be run of the mill melodic death metal. They've had a few songs I thought were better than that but overall they are a band that IMO does not live up to its potential.

They also should look into bathing.