New song from "Universal" will be made available for streaming on Friday the 29th

Amazing song!! :loco: :headbang:

Can't wait to hear the retail cd version on my home audio rig (instead of this Myspace-quality through crappy earphones here at school).

Just 24 more days to go...this is going to be really hard...

Damn.. that's still over 3 weeks :erk:

I didn't like the new song that much...Hopefully the full album rules.

How can you say that when it only has just been released, sometimes it takes time for something to grow on you, especially work as intricate as Borknagar. There is so much blended together that your mind may not understand the melodies in a way that you find appealing the first few times. That may just be me though for other bands, to each their own. My point being is give it a chance before declaring you don't like it.

As far as my opinion, I loved the song and the clean vocals but I have been listening to less 'growling' lately and while it was superbly done it didn't tickle my fancy. Nothing on the part of the band could have effected that though. Can't wait for the album!

Well, as you guys might imagine (since the album has been finished for what to us seems like ages), we're horny for comments on this, so keep'em cummin' :))))))
Musically outstanding. Everything I could have hoped for. My only criticism is with the harsh vocals. If you compare them to, say, Empiricism (which was pretty much perfect in that respect for me), they're lower pitched and less intelligible. I like to be able to hear the lyrics for harsh vocals, and I can't do that here. But that aside, it's sounding promising. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Well, good thing about progressive music is that it progresses. In fact, this music fits perfectly on the evolution Borknagar has been having since day 1.
The harmony we were expecting is present (no doubt about that!), mixed perfectly with the heavy parts. And these are the new stuff for me. The heavy parts are heavier, the voice is darker, the keyboards and drums are grimmer, the guitars are brilliant, bringing a new dimension to Borknagar. A dimension I enjoy very much.
When I listened to it for the first time I was impressed by the beggining, it is excelent in my opinion. But when the clear vocals start I thought "Hey, I know this band... It's Borknagar!". At 4:48 the music sounds incredibly familiar to me, and I have no idea why. But I guess that's a nice point scored for you guys.
It's this ability to evolve while making total sense that makes your music brilliant.
However, as you know and it has already been said, in order for one to truly understand and enjoy progressive music, a lot of repetitive playbacks are necessary. The more you listen, the more you understand. Since the quality of the song is not great, I will stop listening to it. I will now wait patiently for the release to give my opinion on this matter.

PS: I think Dave stands out in here, since everybody wanted to know what he is capable of. In my opinion, he merged perfectly in the band, and the drumjob is top notch.
I also was expecting to hear Jan's bass on this track. But myspace low quality in my bullshit pc speakers makes this impossible. All I can do now is wait for the release.

Havoc indeed sounds great and in a way reminds me of The Archaic Course and Quintessence. Of course they aren't just copying those albums but combining several elements of Borknagar sound into one. It's epic and atmospheric but also aggressive and not just all moody. :kickass:

Incredible!!! That's all I can say. The music kicks ass. The vocals are excellent (I did not expect anything less from Andreas). Dave fits into this band perfectly and fits well with Erik to make an excellent rythmn section. Lars' keyboards are just perfect in the mix...not too heavy and not too thin. The guitars sound great and the production is great! I can not wait to hear the rest of this album!! This exceeded my expectations!!