NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL!!

It wouldnt even be worth the $$ to have to sit through so many shitty bands to see a shortened set of GR, DF, AE, and a couple others.

Hardcore kids suck too, they ruin everything. Not this year.

Why cant they put all the hardcore on one day, metal on another? Seems to make sense to me. Or at least divide the stages by genre; though I guess that would almost make sense?

4acidbath4 said:
Bands revealed: shifting through the shit here we go.

Gamma Ray
DragonForce (first show EVER in the U.S.
Lacuna Coil(hottest chick in metal)
Arch Enemy (not the hottest chick in metal)
Exodus
Cryptopsy
Into Eternity
God forbid
Sworn Enemy
Skinless
Chimaira

Heres some other great bands on the list worth mentioning (that are on that bill of course):

Arsis - Techy/Melo Death Metal

Cattle Decapitation - Death Metal

Immolation - Death Metal

Necrophagist - Techy Death Metal

Suffocation - Death Metal

Trouble - CLASSIC Doom!

Wolf - Very old school sounding band in the vein of mercyful fate, iron maiden, and priest...easily recommended to the PP crowd. Their newest album is Evil Star

... looks like they should have called it the "New England Hardcore plus 6 Out-Of-Place Metal Bands Fest".

The common wisdom for the last several years, or even for the last couple decades has been that getting too diverse in a lineup doesn't lead to good results... but this particular fest seems to be able to buck that trend and keep going year after year, so, hey, more power to 'em.

Empress said:
100% CERTANILY CONFIRMED.. I AM THERE!!!!! :headbang:

GAMMA RAY
DRAGONFORCE
LACUNA COIL
ARCH ENEMY

MY GOD!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thats what im talking about!!!! Lots of great metal and hardcore at this years fest!!! I love both genre's for diff. reasons. why all the ignorance??? Don't like it, dont go!! This is the 8th year of existence, they must be doing somthing right!!:worship: :worship: I have attened since 2001, and it is a great festival... most people that dont understand HARDCORE, will never like it. Don't be a piss foam, and diss something you can't even understand. I grew up with old school hardcore, being from ny, and frankly we want to keep it underground, im not into most of the metal-core anyhow... but a few bands are great at what they do.... SHADOWS FALL was nominated for a grammy for crying out loud!! Fucking great, hard working band. Have been following them since the beginning. To bad they arent at the fest!! Can't wait for the fest!!:worship: :worship:

I wish Trouble would pick a different route for their comeback, but if this is all they can to get off the ground, I'd support it. That's if they play on Sunday.

This shaped up to be an awesome festival. I doubt I am gonna go because I will be able to see most of these bands in the NYC area at the time. I gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope Dragonforce comes to NYC. I would think they will be there.

As far as this fest goes the following bands hold interest in me...

Gamma Ray, Trouble, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, Cryptopsy, Suffocaion, Chimaira, Bronx Casket Company (DD Verni and Jack Frost!), Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid, Goat Horn, Into Eternity, Wolf, Hate Eternal, Immolation, Skinless, and Necrophagist.

If the promoters were smart they would book the Vader, Destruction, Kataklysym, SpeedKillHate, Graveworm tour.

4acidbath4 said:
why all the ignorance??? Don't like it, dont go!!
Ignorance? My dislike of cookie cutter hardcore bands with atrocious vocals makes me ignorant? Best stop drinking those turpentine smoothies.

4acidbath4 said:
...most people that dont understand HARDCORE, will never like it.
Whats to understand? If you know at least 5 good chords, and can wear a hat, you can do hardcore. Mix in some yelling, and hell, youve got the next big thing!

4acidbath4 said:
Don't be a piss foam, and diss something you can't even understand.
:rolleyes:

4acidbath4 said:
SHADOWS FALL was nominated for a grammy for crying out loud!!
playback0311h.jpg

Your point being?

metalsped said:
Ignorance? My dislike of cookie cutter hardcore bands with atrocious vocals makes me ignorant? Best stop drinking those turpentine smoothies.

Whats to understand? If you know at least 5 good chords, and can wear a hat, you can do hardcore. Mix in some yelling, and hell, youve got the next big thing!

:rolleyes:

playback0311h.jpg

Your point being?

I grew up with the old New York CIty Hardcore bands too, I was really into stuff like Gorilla Biscuits, Uppercut, Side By Side and stuff....most dont really hold up anymore but it was great back then, very fresh...unlike most of the crap called now..most if it is a bunch of tough guys with no shirts on and yelling. These new bands that are calling themselves hardcore are a joke.

I just cant see a bunch of hardcore kids watching and getting into Gamma Ray or Dragonforce. That is what happens at the Milwaukee MEtalfest for the past few years....they get one or two power metal acts and bury them in a sea of noise called death metal. When CAGE played a few years back no one really watched them and no one got into them at all and they were amazing live. These huge fest are always a mess...you never get to see a band really shine...plus I hate the shrt set list. Just as they get going they are done.