NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL!!

TheGraveDigger said:
This shaped up to be an awesome festival. I doubt I am gonna go because I will be able to see most of these bands in the NYC area at the time. I gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope Dragonforce comes to NYC. I would think they will be there.

As far as this fest goes the following bands hold interest in me...

Gamma Ray, Trouble, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, Cryptopsy, Suffocaion, Chimaira, Bronx Casket Company (DD Verni and Jack Frost!), Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid, Goat Horn, Into Eternity, Wolf, Hate Eternal, Immolation, Skinless, and Necrophagist.

If the promoters were smart they would book the Vader, Destruction, Kataklysym, SpeedKillHate, Graveworm tour.
that tour isn't happening around us till mid may it'd be too much of a stretch...

VeganSupremacy said:
Glenn, by far I think your fest is a better fest than NE. I flew to PP 1 by myself just to see your fest.....

Say, is this you, on the left?

dcp01605.jpg

If so, I was immediately in front of you in PoS's autographing line, there at JJ Kelley's. :D

Ahhh, the memories. From such relatively humble beginnings, Glenn has built a festival, that isn't the biggest, isn't the best-known, but damn me if it isn't the best-run overall in the US or the world. :headbang:

Bryan316 said:
My $0.02

Allow me to compare this New England fest with ProgPower.

If I go to the New England fest, I'd only want to go to see five bands, tops, and the only night I'd buy a ticket, would be Sunday. For Dragonforce.

If I go to Prog Power (If? Oh who am I kidding?) I'll want to see 8 out of ten bands, plus all the bands of the pre-party, plus the prepreparty karaoke, plus chill with all my homies, plus take Chris Caffery to a strip club again. That means I'm buying three days worth of tickets, and staying there for four full days of kickassness.

The New England festival would bore me to death, waiting through all those stale, unoriginal, uninventive, boring-as-fuck cookie cutter mallcore bands.

I'd need to atted ProgPower twice, just to be sure I experienced everything cool there. I'd need to clone myself to have all the fun I'd have.

Sorry, holmes, but you're dangling a steak in front of the lions. Your festival doesn't hold a candle to Glenn's whiskey farts.

YOU ARE FUNNY!!! All i have to say!!:yell:

Sumeet said:
Important issues? I guess that depends on what's important to you. I'm not saying all hardcore blows, and I agree there is some that is not bad, but the only "message" I could make out the last time I listened to hardcore was some preachy vegan and straight edge propaganda. Based on your handle, I'm guessing this may carry meaning for you, but for me, hardcore lyrics screaming about how I don't have enough respect for cows and chickens, are about as "important" as the lyrics of a power metal band singing about dragons and wizards.

You are right, those things are important to me but hardcore also covers many other issues. Really good lyrics that cover political (if you are liberal of course) and social issues. I don't mind if people don't like hardcore or what it's about just don't think it's right to bash the bands and all it's fans.

VeganSupremacy said:
You are right, those things are important to me but hardcore also covers many other issues. Really good lyrics that cover political (if you are liberal of course) and social issues. I don't mind if people don't like hardcore or what it's about just don't think it's right to bash the bands and all it's fans.

Hey VeganSupremacy I support PETA too!! PETA RULES!!!!

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!!!!!!!

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Hey VeganSupremacy I support PETA too!! PETA RULES!!!!

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!!!!!!!

Very original :) I haven't heard that a million times over the past 10 years of being vegan, haha. I actually am not the biggest fan of the real PETA just because they are really bad with their public relations. I won't get into it any further just because we are supposed to keep the board music related.

The one I prefer is "Sponser a vegetarian! Eat more meat!"

This coming from someone who was a vegetarian for 4 years. I wasn't eating healthily so slowly started eating meat again. Still won't eat certain things such as veal.

TheWhisper said:
I didn't evolve, to the top of the food chain, to eat leaves and twigs.

This isn't the place to have this discussion, so let this subject drop. I wasn't trying to spark a vegan/animal liberation conversation. This is a music board, lets keep it on subject.

VeganSupremacy said:
This isn't the place to have this discussion, so let this subject drop. I wasn't trying to spark a vegan/animal liberation conversation. This is a music board, lets keep it on subject.

Agreed. Not only is this not the place for this discussion, the topic itself is pointless to argue about. I've had this discussion several times, with many different people, and the end result is always that no one, ever, even comes close to convincing the other party of their viewpoint. Best to just stick to music discussion around here, heh...

4acidbath4 said:
My vote will go with OVERCAST (reunion):worship: :worship:
they just got added today!!!:worship:

Wow! Now I'm psyched to see this fest. I wasn't going tp go if Dragonforce was touring but now I have to. Overcast used to be one of my favorite bands in the 90s. Can't wait to see them again.

VeganSupremacy said:
Wow! Now I'm psyched to see this fest. I wasn't going tp go if Dragonforce was touring but now I have to. Overcast used to be one of my favorite bands in the 90s. Can't wait to see them again.

Going to be great!! OVERCAST was one of my fav. bands of the late 90's also!!!
MY PREDICTED LINEUP:

FRI.
LACUNA COIL (wow, can't wait)
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE (have no idea who's dick they sucked)
THE BLACK DALIA MURDER :)yuk: although filling in on drums kevin talley!hmm)
GOD FORBID(just sucks i have to sit through the next 2 bands)

SAT.
ARCH ENEMY (stole the show last time they appeared at the fest, cant wait)
CHIMAIRA(great band live,pissed that kevin talley isnt there, orig. guy blows)
OVERCAST (wow!:worship: the reason i am going to the fest)
EXODUS (classic:worship: )
CRYPTOPSY ( had to stick them in,since they lost a spot becauseof overcast)

SUN.
GAMMA RAY (2nd reason i am going the the fest!!!!:worship: )
DRAGONFORCE (first time in the US, what else can i say:worship: )
TROUBLE ( WOW!! HOLY SHIT!!:worship:)
INTO ETERNITY( lets check out the new drummer, and new material!!:headbang: )
WOLF (dont no if they will play in this spot... hope they do:headbang: )

SUNDAY IS DEF. THE DAY TO GO!!

I see all this bitching on the fest. Even though sun. lineup is not far behind this years progpower.

GAMMA RAY
DRAGONFORCE
TROUBLE
INTO ETERNITY
WOLF
CELLADOR

Can't we just respect that alone.:worship:

we're being told,(check the site returntothepit) that this isn't the Doom trouble, that it is some local hardcore act with the same name....
look at this though
Hate eternal is also confirmed for the fest so one of 2 things is happening i'm going to predict... either Nevermore and Hate Eternal are touring together(which is i'd say the most likely) or Nevermore and Hate Eternal are with Chimaira and Arch Enemy...
if the former is true than lets hope Nevermore is announced as the 3rd headliner on the Gamma Ray/Dragonforce date
Chimaira, Arch Enemy - Co-Headlining Tour
posted on 03-01-2006 @ 11:32 PM

CHIMAIRA and ARCH ENEMY have announced the first dates for their upcoming co-headlining tour:

April 2 - Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre
April 9 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore

According to the The Fillmore's website, they'll be supported by NEVERMORE and HATE ETERNAL.