new fan, looking to buy cd's in the states

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

We most definately do not hate newbies.

This is one of the friendliest boards on the internet I have ever seen. I'm probably the worst troll here.. so... um.. heeeee

Have you had any luck finding Opeth's 2 latest CD's in USA?

They are easy to get here in australia.

Also, since their first 3 were rereleased on Candlelight they have been available here as well.

Have you tried any nearby metal shops? Or the internet even?

Sorry, I'm not much help, but welcome to the board. :D :cool:

i just started trying to track them down, i'll probably just try to find them through the net but i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site or something, but thank you for the warm welcome!:)

No, no, no..definitely not a board that disses newbies. I was a newbie about 3 days ago and NOT ONE person mentioned it. As opposed to the COF forum which tore me to shreds for being a newbie. Hence the reason I'm here. To answer your question, I live in NY, and there are TONS of places to go to get CD's in NYC, the Village, etc. Also, if you order on the net, try metaldisc.com, amazon.com, bestbuy.com (not much of a selection, but you'd be surprised at what you find at EXCELLENT prices), Ebay is good, all the record companies of your favorite bands (earache records, relapse, nuclear blast, etc.). Go to concerts and buy CD's there. Mmm..there's a Festival coming up in April (Metal Meltdown 4) taking place in Asbury Park, NJ, and it's one of the best places to get rare or current CD's at great prices. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. And welcome!