Trying to buy Opeth records in Sweden - harder than you might think!

There's a Metal ONLY record store here that always has their catalogue in stock. And most other CD's stores carry their discography and usually have a copy of everything.

SPLASTiK said:
There's a Metal ONLY record store here that always has their catalogue in stock. And most other CD's stores carry their discography and usually have a copy of everything.

Where?

Stilgar said:
Mellotronen still exists (see my previous post).
Checked their web-site. They have all the Opeth albums I don't yet own(BWP, Damnation and Deliverence) for 100 SEK(around 10-14 dollars)!

As soon as I get money im going to Gamla Stan!

RiffBoy said:

A couple of days earlier I ordered "MAYH" from the USA/Florida based "Caiman.com" (via Amazon.co.uk). They are a great place to buy new cd's at reasonable prices, often promptly delivered!
Today I got a mail from Caiman.com saying that they have now shipped the album to me. This is great. Really. (I love americans now - at least they really HELP me! - Cudos to the good people at Caiman!)

I bought When Dream and Day Unite from that site and it took 10 weeks to ship. They advertised having it, but didn't. That really angered me.

(Originally Posted by Stilgar)
>Mellotronen still exists

Larsson said:
Checked their web-site. They have all the Opeth albums I don't yet own(BWP, Damnation and Deliverence) for 100 SEK(around 10-14 dollars)!

As soon as I get money im going to Gamla Stan!

Sorry Larsson... that info is wrong... I went there (to Mellotronen) TODAY!
They only had SL and GR....!
(And a GR single-cd)

The guy in the shop also didn't know anything about the upcoming GR deluxe edition (which I am waiting for) that was announced on Opeth's homepage some time ago...
He looked like a question-mark and said that he knew Mikael and added that I was wrong because Mikael hadn't told him about that (!!!).
(Stupid guy!)

And I also went to Sound Pollution, which is just a block away.
No, they didn't have those albums either...

So my tip to you Larsson is to do what I did... check out the Used stuff pages at Amazon.com... as they seem somewhat reliable! (I got Deliverance there...!)

It's not finding the cds thats the problem. I think all big Swedish online music stores have them(cdon.com, ginza.se, megastore.se). It's just that I hate walking around waiting for a week if i could just buy it of the shelf. Besides I could still buy them from the online store(Mellotronen.com).

How much did Still Life cost? Was it digipac or not? Cause I only own the digipack :(. The onlinestore didnt even have Still Life.

Larsson said:
How much did Still Life cost? Was it digipac or not? Cause I only own the digipack :(. The onlinestore didnt even have Still Life.
RiffBoy said:
I went there (to Mellotronen) TODAY!
They only had SL and GR....!
I went there today. True. They only had SL (digipack 120kr) and GR (185kr) out. But they did have Damnation (120kr) in the back.

Stilgar said:
And I also saw a few in a record store on Drottninggatan between the center and Gamla Stan. Don't remember the name of the store, but there can't be that many there.
I walked past the store this morning before they opened (so I couldn't check what they had in today). It's called Skivhuset. I seem to recall seeing 3 or 4 Opeth albums when I was there last time (a couple of months ago). Deliverence was among them.

I think I will buy a new copy of Still Life then and wrap it in plastic. My copy kinda worn im affraid.

Edit: Ofcourse I will buy a copy of Damnation while im there too. Forgot to mention that.

Larsson said:
It's not finding the cds thats the problem. I think all big Swedish online music stores have them(cdon.com, ginza.se, megastore.se).

My dear Larsson... Didn't you read my thread from the beginning? Read from my first posts here and you will see all the facts!

No, you have got it all wrong. It IS finding the cd's that is the problem! This is JUST why I started this thread. I have tried for more than two months. That is why I'm so angry.

(NOTE: I'm talking about BWP, D1, D2)

I have tried everything. Visited the regular shops. Ordered from Cdon.com and so on... Tried the english Amazon.... etc.... They DO actually LIST the albums on their sites. But when you order them... they don't send any...

I think the problem is that the record companies doesn't exist anymore. I talked to the guy at Mellotronen. He said that, and that he didn't sell the albums. (So how could you buy them from them online?!)

Yes, Larsson - SL at the shop Mellotronen was a digipack. The price around 120 kr if I remember correctly. Even GR was expensive...
So, again, I think the best and fastest way to get Opeth cds is to try Amazon.com (US) and buy from their used cd departements.

My results so far:
-----------------

I got Still Life from Cdon.com (Sweden). One week
I got the early albums from Caiman.com (US). Five weeks
I got Deliverance from someone (via Amazon.com) in the US (used). 9 weeks.

Five Opeth albums in 2.5 months...
(...still waiting for BWP and D2)

Amazon.com themselves has sent "BlackwaterPark Limited Ed"... thats what they say, at least!!
I got the confirmation mail on March 9... but no cd in sight today March 23....

Stilgar said:
I went there today. True. They only had SL (digipack 120kr) and GR (185kr) out. But they did have Damnation (120kr) in the back.

Aha, you asked them? How many copies?! :)

Thanks for your interest, Stilgar and Larsson. Let's hope all swedes on this forum has got their complete Opeth collection soon.

Does anyone of you know where to buy Lamentations in Stockholm at a fair prics? (Now that I soon have all cd's I just as well ought to buy the dvd!!)

RiffBoy said:
I have tried everything. Visited the regular shops. Ordered from Cdon.com and so on... Tried the english Amazon.... etc.... They DO actually LIST the albums on their sites. But when you order them... they don't send any...
Ok. Didnt know that. Do they even send a note or anyting saying they dont have them in stock?

Anyway id try megastore:
http://www.megastore.se/template/next%2CArtistListing.vm?c=OPETH

Larsson said:
Ok. Didnt know that. Do they even send a note or anyting saying they dont have them in stock.

No, the bastards only let you wait, and wait, and wait...'til you give up!!

:mad:

Most companies only answer by email. I have written and cancelled many of my Opeth orders... Cdon, a Japaneze company(!), Amazon.co.uk (England), and so on...

You can see the latest status of my orders in my post # 52, above here on this page....

I had no idea the records would be this hard to find. Figured it would be only for me to order when I had the money.

I will still keep my faith in megastore though. I will try ordering the records from there.

RiffBoy said:
Most companies only answer by email. I have written and cancelled many of my Opeth orders... Cdon, a Japaneze company(!), Amazon.co.uk (England), and so on...

You can see the latest status of my orders in my post # 52, above here on this page....
Tried to check it out a little. It doesent seem you can contact cdon.com in any way involving you getting an answer back from them. Megastore on the other hand you can both call and and e-mail and they claim they try to answer your questions 24 hours after they recieve the mail at latest.

Larsson said:
It doesent seem you can contact cdon.com in any way involving you getting an answer back from them.

Yes, by clicking on "customer service"...up on the right hand side of their site. Then the link "contact customer service". But they usually "need" a couple of days (!) to answer....