Opeth growl/sing in English...

Eh thats arguable, people listen to Rammstein.... :\

I listen to Finntroll, and I didn't care what the songs meant. I did find some English translations of the lyrics and wow, I had a little giggle. Crushing Christians with a troll hammer is fun.

Oinkness said:

I listen to Finntroll, and I didn't care what the songs meant. I did find some English translations of the lyrics and wow, I had a little giggle. Crushing Christians with a troll hammer is fun.

lmao

TROLLHAMMAREN!!!

Oinkness said:

bahahaha haha
ill make this meaningful - i think it would be awesome hearing opeth in swedish - even if i dont understand the lyrics, the feel would be there - maybe stronger. He's got english down well though:OMG:

Yeah, I always wonder how he is so good at writing lyrics when English isn't even his first language. I never thought about him being a robot though, I just always assumed he sold his soul to the devil. Or maybe he is the son of Satan... people here are always comparing him to Jesus, maybe he is not the song of God, but the son of Satan :devil:

Sanzen said:
http://hem.bredband.net/frisun/Sorskogen_-_Mordet_i_Grottan.mp3

Hopefully that link still works, haven't tried it. It's Mike on guitar and vocals, with Dan Swano on bass, drums, and keys. great song - the chorus may sound familiar. :)

Wow........beautifull song..........awesoeme.......can anyone find a translation for it...its so beautifull....Mikes Vox are insalny good....tht guy got some piopes man......!!!!......aweosme song.......def. something even teh misses can listne to..........thnx for teh link....!!!.......wow,.,..,....cool solo too..!!!..........PEAC EOUT

http://lyrics.lyr-x.com/5679/

Swedish:
En sommar en gång
värmen sveper igenom
vi ler skrattande
men ett lömskt lugn infinner sig
någonstans i skogen
grottan där vi lekte som barn
en sargad kropp i evig sömn
berövad livets gryning

Vem var det som mördade honom
Vem var det som tog hans liv
ingen vet, ens idag

kastar mörker över vår idyll
Ett ljus som lyser ömt
ta oss mot bättre dagar
hans själ vandrar vidare
vi går sakta tillbaka
stigen leder oss hem
dagen har lidit mot sitt slut
vi försöker glömma
mordet i grottan

Vem var det som mördade honom
Vem var det som tog hans liv
ingen vet, ens idag

English translation:
A summer once ago
The warmth sweeps through
We smile, laughing
But a strange calmness take place
Somewhere in the forest
The cave where we played as kids
A harmed body, in eternal sleep
Robbed the dawn of life

Who murdered him
Who took his life
Nobody knows, yet today

Throw the darkness over our idyllic place
Light that shines
Takes us to better days
His soul wanders further
We slowly go back
The trail leads us home
The day is soon to end
We try to forget
The murder in the cave

Who murdered him
Who took his life
Nobody knows, yet today

just read the swedish lyrics and listen to the song. Swedish is a beautiful language :)

downloaded:) and sounds great!

haha... can you imagine mike singing like the part at about 1:14 of GoP in jamaican? haha, itd be priceless... maybe you could try that at the 23rd april show mikael? you reading this!?

April Etheral said:
look at it this way - they are more likely to gain popularity and fans if they sing in English, i know it shouldn't really matter but lets face it a lot of us probably wouldn't have been as eager to pick up one of their albums if we had heard they sung in Sweedish
People like to know the meaning behind songs

Another reason is that English is probably the most widely spoken language so a larger majority of people will understand the words than if they were in Sweedish

It goes Mandarin, Hindi, English, Spanish and Russian, for anyone interested.