New finished song! (Big Bottom - AD Drums - Female Vox)

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
We finally finished this song! We wrote the lyrics today and instantly recorded the vox. I allready posted this song some time ago but we changed some stuff. We re-recorded all guitars and the bass and changed some of the drum-programming but it still needs some work.

Nothing fancy here. Just the same way I go all the time but I think this one is my best mix so far.

Somehow the vox never sit where they should be. Maybe it's time to get a decent pre amp.

Sorry for the sloppy solo... I'm just too lazy right now.

Tell me what you guys think!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801612&songID=7381537

It sounds pretty awesome.

The guitars had a bit of a high end fizz happening but they still sounded tight which is the most important thing.

I think the drums sounded great. I might have to bail on EZdrummer and get myself some Addictive Drums. :)

yeah that's the gearbox fizz. I had trouble getting rid of it without losing too much of the sound I wanted. So I had to compromise :) thanks for your nice words.

No worries man. I am fully aware of the gearbox fizz, however something a friend of mine discovered that you might want to experiment with is this...turn your treble knob COMPLETELY off on the big bottom, and use the presence knob to try to deliver the definition you need. I'm not sure exactly why it works in this way, but it seems to make it sound a lot more full and remove a lot of fizz.

I've used the big bottom in this way, in particular with the treadplate cab and the t-75 cab (using the sm57's on or off axis) and it can give some good results, so maybe have a bit of a mess around and see what sounds you cam come up with. Even if there is still a bit of fizz left over, you can always try to get rif of it in the mixing phase.

sounding real raw and awsome this is how deathmtal should sound unpolished and angry I'm so bored with all the bands that have a pop polished mix and think they're metal... and what you mean sorry for the sloppy solo solo is the best part in this song AWSOME JOB

I'm using impulses because the cabs in gearbox suck IMO. I will give that a try next time! thanks man!

Yes the cabs do suck, I agree.

I discovered impulses a few days ago and have been having a lot of fun with them, and this afternoon I will likely post up a song with them and see what everyone thinks.

I was not sure if it's made by fudge or bulb :) both have killer drumsounds.

c4 with modified "sneap" setting. high/lowpass filter. some eq. that's it.

this sounds tight, AD is really good on this trash vibe sounds on drums, preety heavy but kinda raw as stated before. Guitar sounds cool , but i probably low pass them at 10k if you are not doing that already

Using impulse to replace the cab in gearbox. How'd u do it? record it without any cabs then to other impulse vsts?