NEW FREDMAN STYLE AWESOMETIME IMPULSES

i cant get over how much the thought of using soloc as a boost makes my mind boggle
that is a seriously fucking good idea
why the fuck havent i done that before now?
haha

wow, i just landed here randomly from the guitar amp modeling forum and most of your clips are really stunning! makes me wish someone needed a singer for his project.

Hey guys!

I tried these impulses with 7170 and soloC and i must say they're awesome!
Big thanks!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/151663/mp3/pinballmap_DFHS2.mp3

Just a short mix test. Guitars are quadtracked, 2 tracks 7170 and 2 tracks soloC with the s-preshigh impulse.
BTW It sounds very good from a strat-like guitar with humbucker:)) (Cort G260)
Drums are Superior2 with kick and snare replaced
How does it sound?
Thanks!

Dear jesus.

I'm in love.

Downloaded 8505, just to try it out and got some of these impulses to go with it. Messed around with it for literally like 2 minutes. The sound I got there in those few minutes completely annihilated everything that I have accomplished with my much pricier SansAmp in the last six months! :lol: Well, atleast it's still wicked for growling bass sounds!

Did some riffs by almighty Gojira to try it out, and I seriously have a boner for this stuff. The 8505 + awesometime combo just makes me tingle.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=842017&songID=7559956

After trying out a buttload of impulses, I can agree that these are definatelly the best out there.
Thanks to these and Metaltastic's awesome DI's from the EMGvsBlackouts test, I managed to get my best ams sim tone so far

http://www.box.net/shared/4np425gba4

Line6 Poweball really comes alive with these. Huuuge thanks for making them! :headbang:

^^^^ what he said please feles!

I'm glad you like it!

The guitar chain was TSS plugin(gain 0, tone max, level max) into the soloC( overdrive channel,input and gain 5, and a bit of mid cut)next to keFIR (s-preshigh impulse) to the guitar bus track.

I did this with the 7170 too(gain 4, mid 4, high 5, power amp 10) The other settings were default.

Then i did a big cut at 400 Hz with Vibe EQ and a small boost around 2,5k.
The bass is just compressed with C4 into the WarpVST's crunch channel.

Nothing fancy:)

I have just a question, cause I don't have my guitar here, how are harmonised the 2 guitars in the second 21 and 22 of idea.mp3 ? Sounds like an interval but which one ? Hypocrisy abuses of it in the last album !

Dear jesus.

I'm in love.

Downloaded 8505, just to try it out and got some of these impulses to go with it. Messed around with it for literally like 2 minutes. The sound I got there in those few minutes completely annihilated everything that I have accomplished with my much pricier SansAmp in the last six months! :lol: Well, atleast it's still wicked for growling bass sounds!

Did some riffs by almighty Gojira to try it out, and I seriously have a boner for this stuff. The 8505 + awesometime combo just makes me tingle.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=842017&songID=7559956

omg it sounds so good for "simple" impulses !

ok so heres a real dumb question guys.......what cab/cabs are these impulses made from?? 5150? 6505??

thanks for the gp, i'll check this quickly (even if i could have checked quickly some other gps!)

Well if you don't know hypocrisy... Well, it's my favourite band ever. Just give a try to these tunes, quickly chronologically sorted (cause the sound evolved too even if the core is the same so listening to a song from Virus after one of the first albums will make you die like Death Magnetic after a Bach's cello suite) :

- Apocalypse (this one if fucking epic, pure old school metal hit, slow and big)
- Roswell 47
- Adjusting The Sun (pure gotheborg swedish melo death style ! one of my favs songs ever)
- Fractured Millennium (epic one ! their concert opening tune)
- Elastic Inverted Visions (the PSA SanSamp shows its clarity for round clean guitar sounds)
- Fire In The Sky (the intro high pitch growl is just not human, check the youtube video that is all red)

these are from Catch 22, more "Nu Metal", but a "good Nu Metal". It has been rereleased with a more death metal approach and voice because of all those who hated this album but it's really best as its first version, for me it's one of the best of their's albums even if it's a bit of a UFO :

- Destroyed
- Uncontrolled
- Seeds Of The Chosen One

Comes again melodic "death metal" :

- Eraser (catchy one !)
- Slave To The Parasites (for the voice)
- The Departure (one of the most underated tunes, for me)
- War Within (same)

last album, Virus, is just brickwalled to death (my mp3s just horribly clip... I don't know if it does even on the CD ?? It's horrible but the songs are so brutal that I still listen to it...)

- Warpath
- Scrutinized
- Fearless (if one death metal song has to be "Catchy", it's this one !)
- Let The Knife Do The Talking (THE headbang song!!)

I don't like their brutal death debuts though. They were a bit like every half good death metal band of that wave. The good idea was to implement a melodical aspect, and peter's voice, he's just the best singer IMO.

Yes I'm a fan :) the only band I'm fan of.

ok so heres a real dumb question guys.......what cab/cabs are these impulses made from?? 5150? 6505??

You are confusing impulses with amp simulators.

The impulses that Ryan made (the point of this thread) are from a Mesa oversized Standard 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's.

these 7170 and 8505 you keep seeing are amp simulators, based on a couple of Peavey's well-known amplifiers, while SoloC is of a Soldano amplifier. You use one of those before an impulse loading plug-in, such as Boogex/KeFir/etc., so you have an amplifier running into a cabinet, essentially.