New Gorgoroth

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Anybody else listening to it?

Fuckin' excellent. This is the only Gorgoroth I own, but I love it. It's chaotic, but simple . . . gritty, but clear production (definitely no gloss) . . . and it is evil sounding. As far as I'm concerned it is now the best BM of the BIG bands so far this year. Satyricon is too catchy to even be BM anymore, Darkthrone's new one is completely forgetable, and Enslaved's new one isn't really BM either.

The new Terrorizer has Ghaal on the cover. He looks evil as FUCK! He scares me . . .

ive thought about getting latter stuff from these duders. antichrist and pentagram are nice when im in the mood for fast but varied black metal.

btw, aren't Gorgoroth the band that used to sound like earlier CoF? I thought I saw a clip of em on youtube where they really looked like idiots walking in a forest and staring at the camera :lol:

Nate The Great said:
Satyricon is too catchy to even be BM anymore, Darkthrone's new one is completely forgetable, and Enslaved's new one isn't really BM either.

Man, reading the Satyricon interview in that one Terrorizer issue recently...that dude is full of himself and after only one thing.

"We actually turned down Ozzfest 2006, mostly because of the money..."

" ...the record debuted at number two in the national charts, the single got a lot of airplay and its video was on heavy rotation..."

"we're probably the only black metal band in the world to have been repeatedly asked by Vice magazine to come and play at their VIP parties."

"we have a very important role to play: to inspire and lead the way."

Whatever.

I still want the new Darkthrone. Enslaved is average at best these days, but I still enjoy listening to them

I haven't listened to anything after Blodhemn except Below The Lights for Enslaved.

As for Gorgoroth, I only have Under The Sign Of Hell, and can't remember the last time I listened to it.

AsModEe said:
btw, aren't Gorgoroth the band that used to sound like earlier CoF? I thought I saw a clip of em on youtube where they really looked like idiots walking in a forest and staring at the camera :worship:

No, they've always been primitive, raw black metal, not similar to CoF at all. The clip you're talking about is probably Immortal's "Call Of The Wintermoon" video, by the way (not that they're similar to CoF either). Here's one of my favourite old Gorgoroth tracks for your listening pleasure.

Sexual Bloodgargling (from the "A Sorcery Written In Blood Demo" - this track is also known as "Ritual" on the "Pentagram" album).

J. said:
ive thought about getting latter stuff from these duders. antichrist and pentagram are nice when im in the mood for fast but varied black metal.
Ritual is one of the best Black Metal songs EVER

Edit: seems Henrik conveniently uploaded the song above me

AsModEe said:
btw, aren't Gorgoroth the band that used to sound like earlier CoF? I thought I saw a clip of em on youtube where they really looked like idiots walking in a forest and staring at the camera :lol:
Hecate Enthroned

how can you go wrong with a band that has a song CALLED sexual bloodgargling? hahaha

I bust that one out every once in a while to terrorize churchy types.

Scope said:
Hecate Enthroned
ah yeah, that's the band. I sometimes get confused with so many band names sounding the same (not that Hecate Enthroned has any ressemblance with Gorgoroth)

On the other hand, everyone should listen to Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic). I seriously can't stop listening to this it's so good.

H418ov21.C said:
Anyone who likes the new Satyricon/Gorgoroth/Darkthrone/Enslaved is a complete fucking idiot.
Noone said you were allowed in here

Nate The Great said:
The new Terrorizer has Ghaal on the cover. He looks evil as FUCK! He scares me . . .

Seems you're not the only one: http://www.imhotep.fi/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2151&Itemid=135&lang=en He seems to be a quite interesting character

As for the new album I was quite surprised after having heard the sample on their homepage. I was expecting a snooze fest similar to the their two latest albums; listening to it now, it actually sounds kind of promising