Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
My new baby, Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string model:

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

It plays amazingly well... the extended scale feels really nice, and the neck is surprisingly fast to play (especially for someone like myself with small hands).

It has a set neck, ash wood body, maple neck and fretboard, the scale, as I mentioned before, is extended (26.5 inches). EMG 707 pickups. The back of the neck, as you can see, has the same finish as the rest of the guitar, but because of the matted finish, its still incredibly smooth. I've got this tuned down a whole step to ADGCFAD (using a 10-52 set and a .60 for the low A)... the low A string is absolutely beastly for riffing, and has a piano-like quality when doing clean chordal stuff (especially tapping, it almost makes me feel like I'm playing a Stick with the range I get). And of course, now I get to add 1 more string to all my arpeggio and scale shapes :D.

Looks very nice! Very beautiful color & texture IMO + nice inlays. Too bad I can't afford one.

is it awkward playing it so far? (can't wait to see the effect this has on DE)

I'm slowly getting used to orientating myself to the fretboard now... at first it was like... I'd be on the D string and think I was on the G, etc.

I did specifically get a 7 string because of the direction I want my writing to go in so... I'm planning on the followup to Humanity Dethroned to be exclusively written on the 7 string (with a few songs in drop C still, since I do like that tuning a lot).

Honestly I never thought I'd find myself playing a Schecter, since I'm very much an ESP guy, but this guitar had all the specs I wanted at an extremely reasonable price, and it plays just as nice as my ESP M-IIs that cost even more.

yea, clearly a nevermore influenced purchase. ... since you seem to be reading my posts here...do you know a date for Humanity Dethroned yet? the tracks on myspace sound badass. also, you should post a video of you shredding some with your new Guitfiddle.

yea, clearly a nevermore influenced purchase. ... since you seem to be reading my posts here...do you know a date for Humanity Dethroned yet? the tracks on myspace sound badass. also, you should post a video of you shredding some with your new Guitfiddle.

We're working that out with the label... had some financial issues, hence all the delays.

Heres a vid, warning, very wanky, just making shit up as I went along:

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, that thing is a fuckin' beast! So much so that you can actually hear the click from the pick against the string more than you can hear the amp itself.