new guitar pics! :D

Awesome. Looks really great, love that finish..

Despite typical video camera microphone shitty sound quality shit... seems to sound nice too.

PS - your a great guitarist.. and im checking out your Dark Empire songs on your myspace now... sounding great :D

I spoke with jeff when he 1st found out he was getting a signature mode to ask him what h was going to do and the 1st thing he said was. "I want a 7 string with a maple neck!!" When i asked him why his response was, "Yngwie always had a maple neck"..... Just kidding.

All of jeffs custom guitars have always had maple necks, the company he was with before schecter made his guitars with maple and he fell in love with it. He really digs the snappiness it adds to the tone.

hopefully this will start a new trend in the 7 string world and we will start to see more with maple or ebony boards.

We're working that out with the label... had some financial issues, hence all the delays.

Heres a vid, warning, very wanky, just making shit up as I went along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G76EcBFpjfc

Damn man! You are very good! :headbang: Nice guitar, I have been looking into getting that very same guitar as well, that is when I can work up enough cash. Most likely getting an RG though, leaning more towards a six-string. Maybe some day.

I used to prefer ebony over all, but the longer I have my musicman, the more I prefer maple. I like the tone better, it's not as bright, it's not as temperamental, and I like the look better (depending on the guitar). Overall it depends on the guitar, but most of the guitars I favor these days look better to me with maple.

I used to prefer ebony over all, but the longer I have my musicman, the more I prefer maple. I like the tone better, it's not as bright, it's not as temperamental, and I like the look better (depending on the guitar). Overall it depends on the guitar, but most of the guitars I favor these days look better to me with maple.

All my guitars are all mahogany...2 with ebony fingerboards, one with rosewood...my Jackson has a matched maple top. I think it all depends on the particular instrument...not that I'm a huge fan, but I'd never consider a strat or tele with rosewood...maple just suits the look, feel and tone better. I've owned them all...ebony, to me, just has a rich, classy, finished feel and appearance. I've been playing for nearly 30 years and haven't experienced neck trouble with any of the many instruments I've owned...then again, I've never professionally toured.

+1 on the strat/tele thing. I might have overplayed the issue with ebony fretboards being temperamental....but I will say that everytime I've traveled/moved/the seasons change, it's always the ebony that is most affected. I don't think ebony vs. maple would be a huge deciding factor for me if I loved everything else about a guitar (and it would look great with either), but I just seem to gravitate more toward maple than anything else. Maybe I'm weird, but I think the best look for a fretboard is maple that's a little aged and a little dirty from use. It's an aesthetic thing I guess. I will say this though, I'm planning on getting another Axis Supersport and I'll be getting it with a rosewood fretboard. I think it looks better for the finish I'm getting and the darker tone will get me more of what I want out of the piezo tone.

+1 on the strat/tele thing. I might have overplayed the issue with ebony fretboards being temperamental....but I will say that everytime I've traveled/moved/the seasons change, it's always the ebony that is most affected. I don't think ebony vs. maple would be a huge deciding factor for me if I loved everything else about a guitar (and it would look great with either), but I just seem to gravitate more toward maple than anything else. Maybe I'm weird, but I think the best look for a fretboard is maple that's a little aged and a little dirty from use. It's an aesthetic thing I guess. I will say this though, I'm planning on getting another Axis Supersport and I'll be getting it with a rosewood fretboard. I think it looks better for the finish I'm getting and the darker tone will get me more of what I want out of the piezo tone.

Yeah, it's all about the particular instrument...I'm so incredibly sensitive and picky when chosing a guitar...I know when it all comes together...and, might I add...I rarely find it. I'm so pleased with my current collection(except my acoustic)that I don't even look anymore. it's hard to give 3 electrics fair and equal playing time as it is...anymore would probably sit in the case.

I had a '52 Reissue Butterscotch Tele that I purchased in the early 90's when they first came out with that model...that was one sweet maple neck! Another dumb sell.:erk:

I thought maple was known more as the brighter sounding of the fingerboard woods. Perhaps it's more a personal thing.

I hated maple when I was younger. I had a bad experience on somebody's POS guitar and that seemed to translate to an over-arching opinion of all maple fingerboards. These days, I want one bad. If I had the money to spend, my next guitar would be a blue American Strat with a maple neck.

Once the garage is cleaned and I find time, I will transform my slab of mahogany and sticks of maple into something fantastic though.

both Ebony and Maple are considered "bright" with Ebony offering great sustain and Maple compared to most tone woods is considered to be "dead" so its a hard thing to decifer. Apparently, according to Luthiers its the combination of woods used but myself I think with electrics the pickups themself and other electronic factors have a good deal to do with it. I like a some what bright tone for clean stuff but with distortion try to get rid of the bright sound and get a warmer tone for solos... then that seems to screw up the fat crunchy tone for riffs. Right now for me it seems to be something I chase round in circles.

Again, it all depends on all the the elements of the instrument as a whole...woods, hardware, pickups... and most importantly, the players fingers and approach...and of course the amp. So...............whatever...kill some trees, play some guitars...peace.