Romeo's Caparison

Maple fretboards don't only look better (although that is a very subjective matter of taste), my understanding is that they sound a little more balanced too, at least to my ears. Like someone said before, they should make such a Dellinger standard, as there seems to be a huge amount of interest. Maybe we should join forces and ask Caparison to make one... ;)
Also, maple against a mahogany body sounds absolutely KILLER, it's the best combination you can get in terms of resonance and depth.
Rosewood feels a little raw at touch, not as smooth.

Why even bother copying Romeo? Get your own signature style and sound. Frickin kids.
I'm not trying to get his exact same guitar, only some principles applied to the instrument which we both seem to dig. DiMarzio PUs and the maple board for instance. The fretboard radius and frets size would be surely different as everyone's hands are different (Romeo's are a little on the short side and sorta "chubby", mine long and bony à la Holdsworth), and also if I had the chance to choose a custom colour, I probably wouldn't pick white (maybe a flamed red or straight black).
How old are YOU? :rolleyes:

Maple fretboards don't only look better (although that is a very subjective matter of taste), my understanding is that they sound a little more balanced too, at least to my ears. Like someone said before, they should make such a Dellinger standard, as there seems to be a huge amount of interest. Maybe we should join forces and ask Caparison to make one... ;)

Seriously, if you know Itaru (the guy who IS Caparison Guitars) it's not easily gonna happen just cos lots of people ask... He'll make it if he wants, but at the moment he doesn't really need to... So many people have been 'joining forces' to get Maple fretboards, sponge-finished Dellingers, 7 string Horus's (something I'd be all over) etc. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't...

Sure. All I'm saying is that it's a little weird they don't have at least ONE model with maple in their catalogue (doesn't need to be a Dellinger) where there's a general and usual demand on the market. That's simple market strategy.

Why even bother copying Romeo? Get your own signature style and sound. Frickin kids.

+1

Why would you have a custom friggin caparison made...and not get it to your own specs? Thats just stupid, not to mention, you're guitar won't be original at all.

If I were to get a custom Caparison, I'd get a Horus, with a maple fretboard with the clock inlays, caparison pickups, and in either a dark purple sponge finish or a snow white one...preferably the dark purple. Pretty much the old standard Horus with a maple fretboard.

Since that's (unfortunately) not possible, you're talking about nothing anyway.
Rather disappointing from Caparison, I must say. Even small companies the likes of Vigier (surely not bigger than Caparison in terms of final sales) have their own custom department, I'll prolly look elsewhere to get my custom axe, which would be similar to Romeo's in terms of PU's and wood selection (but not because I'm trying to copy anyone, in case some folks are wondering...) and different in neck and fret size, radius, scale length, mechanics and colour finishing according to my likings. Peace.

Since that's (unfortunately) not possible, you're talking about nothing anyway.
Rather disappointing from Caparison, I must say. Even small companies the likes of Vigier (surely not bigger than Caparison in terms of final sales) have their own custom department, I'll prolly look elsewhere to get my custom axe, which would be similar to Romeo's in terms of PU's and wood selection (but not because I'm trying to copy anyone, in case some folks are wondering...) and different in neck and fret size, radius, scale length, mechanics and colour finishing according to my likings. Peace.

Check out ESP

I have an Horizon already, and it rocks.
The M-II (old Romeo axe), like the Kirk Hammett, is frankly a little overrated I thought (KH neckthru being better).

Speaking of ESP, how they got to sign in Joe Stump and left out Michael, is beyond my comprehension.

because Romeo got endorsed by Caparison....and Caparisons>ESP...by far.

If you want a custom check out Naked Guitars Customs in San Diego. He designed the guy from Cattle Decapitation's guitar.