New guitar tone test, DIY 808 -> Rockmaster w/ new TungSols

Cheers! Yeah, it's too bassy and I should've cranked the volume on the Screamer to give the tone some more gain and balls. The guitar chain was Schecter C-1 -> TS -> Rockmaster -> Profire 2626 -> KeFIR w/ GH impulses I think -> EQ. I used the stock Digi EQ for LP/HP and scooping the mids, and then did some tone shaping with the IK Pultec.

Thanks! :) I used the Ultra channel on the Rockmaster WITHOUT the preamp gain boost, but had it cranked all the way. I'm not sure of the EQ settings anymore, but I'm guessing it was about 14:00 bass, 10:00 middle and 14:00 treble. Unfortunately I realised afterwards that cranking the level on the TS makes the Rockmaster sound shitloads better and more aggressive, I'll do a new clip soon to demostrate :)

Fucking hell, great! I wished Metallica would sound like this at these days. Your sound would match perfectly to their style. That was the first thing, I thought, as I heared your clip. Awesome!

sounds a little boxy to me, but it's working really well in the mix!

thanks,

actually i think this sounds very good, not too bassy, but also I think you may make it more brighter (get the SonicMaximalizer VST up a bit)
To be honest I dont like cymbals but guitars are very gooooooooodddddd!!! :D

Too woofy on the palm mutes IMO (ReaXComp to the rescue! :D), but a great crunch on the guitars, fucking awesome! I can definitely hear the excessive mids of the Stiletto cab though; it's not too bad here, but still, have you given Ryan's impulses a try? (Recto cab :D)

Yeah, the drums didn't get any attention from me whatsoever, so never mind them :)

Marcus, yeah, I definitely have to try it with them. You mean the Awesometime impulses, right? The tone I posted is a bit too bassy, a bit too mid-forward, and it lacks some aggression on the palm mutes, but those are easily salvageable :)