new here too

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
@DWD: Maybe if you would accept a drink, maybe you could have some fun to, and forget about all those girls for a moment! Here's some mead for you! ;)

Perhaps, but it's illegal to drink before you're 21 here... and that's not until 2007 for him. Yeah, lots of teenagers drink, but I usually don't recommend hanging with folk like that.

Very Welcome Mousewings!!
Good to see you up here :)

And, I'm going to have the hell of the party pretty soon, my birthday :D beer, girls ,... & METAL :headbang:

... and yeah I'll have to take all the easy breaking stuff out so that nothing gets broken, otherwise my parents will kill me.

Originally posted by The Nomad

Perhaps, but it's illegal to drink before you're 21 here... and that's not until 2007 for him.

Iih! Poor fellow! 21 is even worse than Norway!!!

Anyway, I don't see why one should have a age limit for drinking set by law: What's the difference between a 20 year old drinking and a 21 year old??? A 15 year old can be lot more responsible and mature than a 30 year old - I know a 14 year old like that, actually! (My sis; she's lot more responsible than a some I know who's actually more than 30).
But - I'll not say anything more about that: I'm a very cantancerous person.... if someone say one thing, I'll say "Why? How can you be so sure about that? I don't believe so!"

Yeah, lots of teenagers drink, but I usually don't recommend hanging with folk like that.

Why is that? -Ah, I did it again..... (won't say ooops....) Ppl here start to drink when they're like.... hmmm, 10-12 years old. And it's always been like that. Always :)

Thank you to everyone for welcoming me!!!! :D

I'm so happy I got added to a birthday list. :)

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
Anyway, I don't see why one should have a age limit for drinking set by law: What's the difference between a 20 year old drinking and a 21 year old??? A 15 year old can be lot more responsible and mature than a 30 year old - I know a 14 year old like that, actually!

These arguments are valid, but you can't set social policy based on the the fact that there are some mature 15 year olds. You notice that there aren't very many responsible 15 year olds and say, OK, people less than some age shouldn't drink. I think 21's too high, but there's nothing wrong with having a drinking age.

that made more sense when I first thought of it...

I'm a drinking teenager, I think.
Here you have to be 18 to legally buy alcohol. But that age limit isn't really valid here 'cause everyone can get russian vodka or beer if they want and many parents even buy beer or cider for their kids so that they wouldn't buy russian booze that sometimes has methane in it and is pretty dangerous. It hasn't done anything to me yet though :)

Here the age limit is also 18 but drinking isn't an exactly respected activity, my mother gets really mad, worried and what-not when i drink :mad:

Originally posted by The Nomad

These arguments are valid, but you can't set social policy based on the the fact that there are some mature 15 year olds. You notice that there aren't very many responsible 15 year olds and say, OK, people less than some age shouldn't drink. I think 21's too high, but there's nothing wrong with having a drinking age.

that made more sense when I first thought of it...

That did make sense.... But you did read that below what you quoted to, right?

@AnsuzAstral: Welcome!! :) Hpoe you'll have a good time here