New idea: Recabinet 3.1, LA Scoring Strings...

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hi guys! It's been a while since I posted last time

Let me know what do you guys think about the idea and the mix.

If you have any questions regarding the stuff I used, feel free to ask.

Best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
info on that punchy snare would be awesome! the guitars sound nice but i think theyre a little boomy and scrachy especially at the end with the triplets
nice playing :worship:

Thanks for the cool vibes!

If I had to choose a vocalist for this I'd put Christian Alvestam, no doubt. :lol:

Anyways, the guitars signal chain is:
Caparison Horus (EMG81) into my Line6 Toneport UX1 into Reaper.
In Reaper I use a high-shelf EQ (old strings now, to compensate a bit), then into POD Farm (Cali Treadplate), and finally into Recabinet 3.1.1 (Green, 121, on-axis, close mic, level 0dB) + (Oversize, i5, on-axis, far, level -3dB)
Everything goes to the guitar group where I highpass at 120Hz; then take like 3dB from 200-350Hz; -3dB at 1.7KHz notch; 4dB boost at 8,4KHz.

The bass is made with my guitar (using neck EMG SA pickup), pitch shifting one octave down with ReaPitch (Elastique Pro 2.1 algorithm; Preserve Formants in low pitches setting), then into TSE R47 rat simulation, and into POD Farm 2. Then I make a scratchy distorted highpassed signal which I blend with the clean tone (also from POD Farm 2) like in Ola Englund's video about setting up a nice bass quickly, really helpful.

Oh, and the snare is a blend of 8 samples, including the ambience samples:

Superior Drummer 2 14" Ludwig Black Beauty
Steven Slate Drums 4 Essentials Noble and Cooley snare 6 damped
Steven Slate Drums 3 (Trigger Deluxe): Snare 15Z1 + SSDR; Slate Snare Z1; Snare 22 Z1; Snare 8 Z1; Snare 18 SSDR.

Cheers!

Anyways, the guitars signal chain is:
Caparison Horus (EMG81) into my Line6 Toneport UX1 into Reaper.
In Reaper I use a high-shelf EQ (old strings now, to compensate a bit), then into POD Farm (Cali Treadplate), and finally into Recabinet 3.1.1 (Green, 121, on-axis, close mic, level 0dB) + (Oversize, i5, on-axis, far, level -3dB)
Everything goes to the guitar group where I highpass at 120Hz; then take like 3dB from 200-350Hz; -3dB at 1.7KHz notch; 4dB boost at 8,4KHz.

WTF??? Toneport UX1 for real??? I never, ever got a tone like this out of my UX1 when I had mine... great job as always man...