NEW Dandelium song! EPICNESS - Testing out my christmas present!

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hi!

This song is the last one I've wrote. I showed a bit before but now I changed some things and added more parts and tested my new software for orchestras: LA Scoring Strings :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/tema 11 final.mp3

The horns are EWQLSO Gold

PD: I still have to fix some timing issues, strings are not tight enough sometimes.

Cheers! :D

EDIT: It says final, but what's final is the songwriting, I'm still open to suggestions to enhace the mix ;)

epicness with elephant balls :D

dunno about the la scoring strings, i love the Symphonic Orchestra...but those LA ones seem to sound very nice as well!
song just kicks ass, what do u want to do with it?
cheers

I'd put some more reverb or maybe delay on the cleans, they sound a little too in your face and dry. But other than that, it sounds terrific!

Sounds really good here! Only the snare feels somehow abit cold and sterile to me for this type of massive epicness.
Should add perhaps some Taiko drums in there ;)

Strings and the composition sounds great even I don't like synth-metal that much. Great job man! :kickass:

im loving everything except for the clean tone - its very kind of up in your face and centered. is it centered or panned L&R? maybe it just needs to be pulled back on the fader away from the mix a little

Fucking great song! IMO the only it needs now is vocals :D. I really dig the last riff. All the song reminds me a bit of Evergrey, which is always a good thing haha!

Oh nohz !! Sounds good! ..the X50 testing starts in a couple of days and then you will have to do the guitars all over again!!.. hahaha:saint:

Oh nohz !! Sounds good! ..the X50 testing starts in a couple of days and then you will have to do the guitars all over again!!.. hahaha:saint:

Haha, bastard! :lol:

Thanks dude ;)

@Felix: Yeah, my singer is working at the vocal melodies and lyrics atm.
@HandsOfDespair: Thanks! LASS>EWQLSO for strings so far :D
@Mago: Just record my singer vocals, and maybe I sing in some parts too (and maybe maybe growl :lol:)
@Nauru, Ross: Agree, cleans are too dry, loud and in your face right now! There are 2 tracks, panned hard left/right.
@Tokyurot: Thanks! I love the snare, so it's a matter of tastes i think :p
@roflsaurusrex: Yup, that's correct!

Great job dude, very good writing. It reminds me a little to that Pinky tune posted here in some way I can´t explain hahah (that's good) some automation in the drums is what it needs IMO. The 80-ish tone on the snare is good but the obvious verb in the cleans. The room/ambient tone on drums works for distorted parts but not when cleans come in. Mainly cause of the machine-ish tone.

Mang, that toms are the shhhht.

Clean guits are a bit loud for me. Lowering them down would make it epic when distorted come in. I miss some bass vol but the overall bass freq is there anyway so ignore this.

Sounds really good !!

im glad you liked the LASS :D

id lower the guitars a little
and bring up the orchestra

Great sound. LA scoring strings... uhh.. interesting...

Just one thing, 00:40 and 00:49 I can hear a very small silence in theright channel due to the pinch or copy-paste.

Vamos, que se nota el empalme de 2 trozos.

beautiful composition. the spread / balance of everything, i am very jealous of. i'm scratching my head as to how you got it so loud without the kick/snare transients getting swallowed.

He copy/paste them afterwards

(ok just kidding, but the fact is that Erik is _the_ man when it comes to orchestral stuff! And he has posted his settings one billion times)

Very awesome rhythm sound and great orchestra. I noticed the copy paste rhythm in the beginning as well. Just fix that and itll be perfect.