NEW Dandelium song! EPICNESS - Testing out my christmas present!

Hi!
My transients survive the limiter because I always use a gclip insert after all the other plugins on kick, snare, and drums bus, so they come already clipped to the mastering comp and limiter.

I use in the mastering chain:

-Gclip with a setting of 0dB gain, 70% clipping (narrow), no softness; so the mastering compressor gets an homogeneous -6dB mix without huge snare peaks.
-Mastering compressor. Soft settings.
-Multiband compressor, evens the mix.
-Gclip again. 2dB gain, 100% clipping (wide), no softness; in order to raise levels and clip again everything for the limiter.
-Elephant. Master's punch +3 preset, everything default but the in gain, that's on +6dB.

Yeah, I always play every riff once (4 times) and copy paste it, and sometimes shit happens :lol:

Thanks for the comments! ;)

Hi!
My transients survive the limiter because I always use a gclip insert after all the other plugins on kick, snare, and drums bus, so they come already clipped to the mastering comp and limiter.

-Gclip with a setting of 0dB gain, 70% clipping (narrow), no softness; so the mastering compressor gets an homogeneous -6dB mix without huge snare peaks.
-Gclip again. 2dB gain, 100% clipping (wide), no softness; in order to raise levels and clip again everything for the limiter.
-Elephant. Master's punch +3 preset, everything default but the in gain, that's on +6dB.

Yeah, I always play every riff once (4 times) and copy paste it, and sometimes shit happens :lol:

that is my main problem in my last test mix thread. my snare, kick and toms too are smashed by the limiter in mastering process and then, i can´t to get loud results.:(

you put gclip in kick, snare, toms and drum bus tracks too? what settings in those gclips?

again, thanks for info. now, that is my actual battle, getting loudness without sacrifice drums...

Dude your Caparison seriously has the most insane sound out of a guitar I've ever heard, good shit as usual.

Hi!

hm feel like i must try this variation out :headbang:

Dude your Caparison seriously has the most insane sound out of a guitar I've ever heard, good shit as usual.

That too but I think the main part of Erik's tone is his playing. I'm amazed nobody has commented on it so far (not that we don't know that Erik is awesome at playing) but the dude's playing is KICK AAAAAAAAAASS. Seriously, it pains me to see/hear really good guitarists who can't dig into the strings like Erik does. I've seen some good guitarists IRL, playing a bunch of cool shit you know but they just don't dig into the strings for rhythm playing. They look so tired, as if they're just letting their hand "fall" across the strings.

Awesome stuff Erik, thumbs up as usual!

This song is fantastic. Well played and has a crazy hook! :headbang:

Let me start by saying this is great in its current state. However, after listening to it a few times here are a couple of things I thought of that I would do to a mix like this:

The clean guitar part - have you considered just using one of the LR channels for guitar and having the strings carry the other side? Or Maybe strings LR and the guitar 30-50% either L or R (just one). This may air out the part and provide a bit more dynamic punch when the rhythms come roaring back in.

Also, regarding the movement starting at 2:56: I think the kick programming starts out a bit strong - I really love the groove it gets into around the 3:13 mark. I just find the kick is almost taking away from the intricacy of what's going on behind it when it's ripping along like a machine gun - some variation like you did in the second half may really open this part up if used throughout. But then again, it still sounds kick ass through there - there's just a tonne going on there!

On another note I have been considering getting LASS - how do you find it for usability? Pretty much the same as other string vstis? It seems relatively pricey for just strings, but then again they really do sound good.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hm, am I the only one thinking that the strings REALLY don't go well with the rest of the song? Writing-wise, I mean. As if it is unintentionally dissonant.

Your guitar playing reminds me a lot of Rich Ward! Very cool. I think I'd like this track a lot more without the strings.