New In Flames is weak??

It can't be worse then the new Dark Tranquillity! I just can't understand how anyone likes this disc and if the new In Flames does suck then both of these bands are going in the wrong direction with their last two releases!

*sigh*

Bye bye my dear In Flames and Soilwork...

Whoracle was In Flames best album, and also their last decent one. Soilwork, well, i don't even need to comment, how sad they have become.

You guys should check out Killswitch Engage if you like new In Flames or Soilpork...

Originally posted by deathstrike from hell
the only inflames cd i own is the tokyp showdown, and i was very dissapointing. i only liked 2 songs, one being zombie inc, the other being pinball map.

Zombie Inc. wasn't even on The Tokyo Showdown.

No matter what was said before I just love the new In Flames. Took me awhile to get into it since it was said to be more melodic and at first I couldn't find any melody at all but eversince I listened to it twice I can't help listening to it more and more.

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
It can't be worse then the new Dark Tranquillity!

The new Dark Tranquillity is quite excellent I think. Fast, energetic, heavy, yet melodic (and not in the cheesy rip-off 80's way power metal way). An improvement over Haven in my opinion, which I liked too though.

Originally posted by rebirth
Bloody awesome singer...that dude...

Damn straight, i came across them on a metal show on pay tv, a live clip, and that guy is amazing...

Originally posted by Trapped
You guys should check out Killswitch Engage if you like new In Flames or Soilpork...

It's unfortunate their singer has left the band. I saw them with the previous singer (the one who sings on "Alive or Just Breathing") when they opened for Soilwork and Hypocrisy. I had never even heard of them and was there specifically to see Soilwork. Needless to say, they blew Soilwork off the stage. I bought the CD before I left and I'll be shocked if it doesn't wind up in the upper half of my Top 10 of 2002.

I just bought my tickets to see them again with IF, DT and Sentenced. I'll be interested to hear how the new singer sounds.

GZ

Most definately, bands need to recreate their sound with each album...it's how they keep us interested. It just sucks when they stray way all too far though. But yeah, I think with the new one, they sort of recreated themselves while maintaining the integrity of the vocals in their past album. Well, I enjoyed it..even though the reviews sucked. But that is just their opinion. que no?

MelusineBEAUTY said:
Most definately, bands need to recreate their sound with each album...it's how they keep us interested. It just sucks when they stray way all too far though. But yeah, I think with the new one, they sort of recreated themselves while maintaining the integrity of the vocals in their past album. Well, I enjoyed it..even though the reviews sucked. But that is just their opinion. que no?
so which album are you talking about? RTR or the NEW new one...?
i like RTR alot btw. haven't listened to the new one enough yet, it seems ok...but hasn't impressed me too much the few times i've heard it.

speed said:
I've had it for a few weeks- yes a few tracks are good- but most are bland and a waste of time, too bad I liked the direction of Clayman too.
Same here, I really liked Clayman but the last two are just as you say.