New interface suggestions (12+ inputs?)

DiveRightIn63

May 27, 2009
I think I'm gonna sell off my M-Audio Profire 2626 and my M-Audio Octane and get an interface with 12 or more inputs. Any suggestions?

I'm interested in the Mackie Onyx 1200F but not sure if I'll be able to get a hold of one.

RME Fireface UFX. It has 4 built in preamps and 8 free analog line-ins.. so you can get any of the multiple eight-channel preamps out there, starting with the Focusrite Octopre mkII over RME Octamic II and Audient ASP008 up to Focusrite ISA 828, or a 428 in combination with an API 3124+, etc. Plus you can always hook up two 8 channel ADAT preamps if you need to.
Did I mention the zero-latency DSP based mixing / routing matrix with built-in FX for monitoring or tracking? ;)

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. My Profire is having issues with my FireWire card again, and I'm sick of dealing with it. Plus, I'd like to make an upgrade anyways. I just need 12 inputs. 16 is overkill for me.

I'll look into those, thanks everyone. Keep'm coming!

I'd like to stay under $1500 for the interface and any ADAT preamps though, so that fireface is pretty out of range for me.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. My Profire is having issues with my FireWire card again, and I'm sick of dealing with it. Plus, I'd like to make an upgrade anyways. I just need 12 inputs. 16 is overkill for me.

I'll look into those, thanks everyone. Keep'm coming!

I'd like to stay under $1500 for the interface and any ADAT preamps though, so that fireface is pretty out of range for me.

You missed the most important question - how many PREAMPS do you need among those 12 inputs?! :) ...or do you use external preamps so you're going to use line inputs on your interface...?