New ISIS song

i don't think the last albums from cult of luna and isis can be compared. They expore really different things each other, in fact i think they are completely different

Scourge of Malice said:
Heh I'd actually say the same thing about Somewhere Along the Highway, but to each his own :)
I would agree with that. Actually, I personally found Somewhere Along the Highway to be quite boring. I was not impressed at all. Kind of a directionless version of Panopticon. But, yeah, to each his own. :kickass:

I do love Somewhere Along to Highway, but I think ISIS are just so far ahead of them on this new album. The style COL has on Somewhere just really isn't pushing the genre very much, while I feel ISIS is really breaking some new ground in this style. Both bands put out incredible albums this year, and I'm expecting Neurosis will do the same! Great year for this kind of music.

Oh man! Thanks for the heads up on this - been waiting to hear something new from them for yonks! About 3/4 of the way listening to it, and I really like it. May take a while for me to adjust to it, since I love Oceanic and Panopticon so much; but either way it's an awesome song.

I have yet to hear SATH. Salvation is a beautiful album, though. How similar are they in style?

great track, this new one.

great band too.

Holy Tears is an amazing track.

i know a lot of people who loved ISIS for Oceanic, and kind of lost their interest with Panopticon and In The Absence Of Truth.

on the other hand, i know even more people who got into ISIS with Panopticon. and they will surely love this new record.

cheers

SATH is way more natural sounding than Salvation (probably cause most of it was recorded live) and I like it A LOT better. I think they finally accomplished what they've been trying to do all along with this album. Definite top 10 or maybe even 5 of the year.

Wow, Dulcinea sounds almost Toolish or influenced by A Perfect Circle. Very ambient with an awesome hook near the end. Their clean tones are wonderful.
I still can't find the proper words or the best way to explain what they've achieved this time with their new album, but it's a big step forward. Yes, it's different, but they haven't lost anything of their so well known flowing melodies, complexity, influance, it hits you right away. No boundaries at all.
There is something about Isis that is just out of reach of description.
To see them live is an urge now that is constantly growing.

Ya I can't wait to see the new songs live. I saw three last time, but now that I've digested them more it will be amazing!

I must say I really don't get why people keep saying theres tool influence. The drums MAYBE.. but Neurosis were doing that tribal stuff long before Tool. Some of the vocal parts do remind me of Tool a bit, but overall I think ISIS influenced Tool on their new album moreso than Tool influenced ISIS.

And the ISIS/Aereogramme thing is being released soon.

point taken scourge, people compare them to tool just because isis is another band who know to play their toms (and know to play them when there is more than 3 toms in the drumkit)

ive heard that aerogramme thing too, very nice tracks, recommended!